Syd Barrett dies

yeah, he got really weird for a good while. like when he came into the studio when pink floyd were recording wish you were here... and ironically, shine on you crazy diamond.. he was all overweight, and bald, shaved eyebrows. they didn't even recognize him.

so, i can imagine some of his solo work being quite...strange, and interesting.

He hadn't spoken publicaly in like 30 years or something right? Lived in England somewhere and people would take snap shots of him if they'd see him at the corner market.

well anyway, he'll be missed.

NineFeetUnderground said:
hopefully gilmour isnt next. THAT will be an extremely sad day for me.

I have my fingers crossed that isn't going to happen for a long time, considering he looks pretty happy and healthy these days. Revitalised, even. He's even stated that he's writing for a new album already. I'm hoping there's a lot more to come from Mr Gilmour...

Back on topic, the passing of Syd Barrett is very sad, not solely because of his musical legacy, but also because his story is amongst the most tragic of all popular musicians. An innovator, sadly brought down by drugs and the neurosis that came hand in hand with them.

R.I.P.

:(

WeepingMoon said:
like when he came into the studio when pink floyd were recording wish you were here... and ironically, shine on you crazy diamond.. he was all overweight, and bald, shaved eyebrows. they didn't even recognize him.

I remember when I first heard that story. It's so sad, I actually found the fact that he had suffered so much pretty upsetting.

Yea. Its also sad that he specifically didn't want any contact with the band after that because it depressed him to see what he lost. I hope he knew that so many people love and appreciate the work hes done and the influence hes had on many bands and people. I really hope he wasn't sad when he died.

lol that guy is like, "Now I don't want to prejudice you before you see them, but these guys are boring and terrible. Enjoy."