check out this breaking news guys

amaranth said:
"I bet that you look good on the dancefloor
I don't know if you're looking for romance or
I don't know what you're looking for
I said, I bet that you look good on the dancefloor
Dancing to electro-pop like a robot from 1984
From 1984!"

What were you saying liquid diamonds???!!!

really deep stuff huh

I think that's a great hook-line. I love it when a band can translate the real events of average lives into witty, funny songs. Pulp did it, now Arctic Monkeys do it. Simple.
Although, When The Sun Goes down probably has better words.

I know what a lot of us who haven't heard these guys are thinking:
"They're pop, therefore they must be shit"

Liquid Diamonds said:
I think that's a great hook-line. I love it when a band can translate the real events of average lives into witty, funny songs. Pulp did it, now Arctic Monkeys do it. Simple.
Although, When The Sun Goes down probably has better words.
honestly, i'm not impressed at all by those lyrics. I can think of at least 10 alternative bands with wittier stuff.

Kenneth R. said:
honestly, i'm not impressed at all by those lyrics. I can think of at least 10 alternative bands with wittier stuff.

I can definately see why that would seem unimpressive:

1. It's out of context.
2. It's quite rhythmic, so to hear it set to music improves it.
3. It's the chorus, so it hasn't quite got the same lyrical appeal as the rest. that's not what the chorus is for.
4. Not one of their better lyrics anyway.
5. I, unlike you most likely, had that song stuck in my head for two weeks, so I have a soft spot for it. It's INSANELY catchy...

Nice defense Liquid Diamonds... however, you'll find that whoever the lyracist is probably thinks that the chorus is the best sounding words, hence the repitition

an awesome band. Don't really know who to compare it to. It's kinda experimental poppy rocky stuff....