SYL - Anyone?

Well, the name says it all, eh?

Has anyone of you listened to "The New Black" by Strapping Young Lad? I know that it doesn't have anything to do with high pitched vocals, impressive guitar stuff, epic orchestrations or keyboard shredding but it just simply blew my mind away.

And actually there are elements of almost every detail I just described before; the riffs are amazing, Devin's voice ROCKS and the little hooks in the music just send shivers down your spine, or mine atleast.

Check it out. I personally would recommend "The Antiproduct", "Far Beyond Metal" and the title track "The New Black".

No record has been playing on my cd-player as much as this since SYMX's The Odyssey came out.

? I know that it doesn't have anything to do with high pitched vocals, impressive guitar stuff, epic orchestrations or keyboard shredding but ...
What is it with people thinking SX fans don't like anything that doesn't sound like SX? The Incubus thread says "I know there are no blazing solos, but..."

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I like SYL better than DTB. There are some cool tracks on "The New Black."

What is it with people thinking SX fans don't like anything that doesn't sound like SX? The Incubus thread says "I know there are no blazing solos, but..."

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I like SYL better than DTB. There are some cool tracks on "The New Black."

Yeah, agreed. I think as far as bands that have come into existence past 1990 goes, I listen to more stuff without the high pitched shit than stuff with.

I don't much like the band that much, Alien was an okay album. I liked the song "Zen" the best.

Far Beyond Metal is like the best song ever.
City all the way.
I agree with both of these statements. City is my favourite album from them, but man, does Far Beyond Metal kick some fucking ass. It was killer live, too.

I got to meet/chat/hug Gene Hoglan before the show, and got to shake Devy's hand when he left the tour bus for a few minutes to go get something. :headbang:

I'm not a huge fan of The New Black, Devin did better this year with Synchestra. Alien and City are both great albums, though.