SYL...U.K Tour

derek

Grey Eminence
Sep 30, 2005
Edinburgh, U.K.
Saw SYL on tour supporting Arch Enemy in Glasgow yesterday evening. The set was AMAZING, and Devin was on 1st class form! Shame about the set being so short, but amazing none the less.

Anyone else catch them in the UK?

Liquid Diamonds said:
Just saw SYL supporting Arch Enemy in Glasgow.
SYL = BEST SUPPORT BAND EVER!!!!
And hats off to Arch Enemy for being very nearly as good.

'We are Strapping Young Lad, and we OWN you. Therefore, we COMMAND you to fuck yourselves... WITH A RUBBER DUCK!!!!!'

Gene - :worship:

Was postin aboot this in the 'Ahmed McGillicuddy' thread. lol.
Fucking amazing, but I was disappointed that they didn't play Zen, I had been looking forward to that. Arch Enemy were pretty awesome... but Strapping OWNS them.:OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

Was it just me...or were Throwdown a bit shite?

heh...they were ok for some music to listen to while getting those few early beers in! :lol:

SYL definately owned arch enemy tho, i agree.

Could anyone do me a favour and remind me what the exact setlist was. I know there was Imperial, Skeksis and Love?, but I was so blown away I don't think I took in the rest properly :loco:
Any help would be much appreciated. :)

I caught them at Donington earlier in the year. They were easily my favourite band of the day. Dev had us in complete stitches between every song, and their opening line (''Stick this up your fucking cunt!'', before crashing into Imperial) had to be one of the most effective I've ever heard from a live band. Plus, they won over a huge crowd, which was sweet.