Sympho-metal mix

Lipown

May 6, 2011
Hi i did last month that mix for my friends band . Iam still not satisfied with guitars... Do you have any advices how to tweak them? Always my big problem in mixes... guitars... thanx a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
The guitars could use some more presence, as do the strings. Also, you could bring down the screams. The female vocals could also use some more presence in the 10k region.

I agree with JTR on the vocals, the screams are pretty loud. The guitars I think could use maybe a little more beef, not sure about adding presence on the guitars but he could be right about that as well, maybe experiment with that but I kinda want to hear some low end chunk. I think the bass guitar could come up a tad.

Thank you guys, iam wasnt sure if the vocals were right, cause her voice was really dynamic and i didnt want to compress all. About guitars i try to add low end cause i have the same feeling now. If i add presence fizz will appear so iam trying another impulse on ampsim and iam on the right way i think. The bass guitar is not loud cause it wasnt in tune :D and it sounded pretty not good so i turned it little low.

Just listening with some (decent hifi, not studio) headphones: I like the guitars as they are. Drums sound pretty static, and could sit more foreward in the mix. Keys could be a bit more seperated or automated or whatever, get drowned pretty much in some parts. But all in all really cool!