Symphony X as full time musicians

hummm....well, they aren't all full time musicians yet. Go figure. I think only Romeo qualifies in that category. Everyone else has day jobs last I heard.

Now does that suck or what? Oh wait...they are only doing it until they can all become full time musicians.

hummmm

Glenn
:)

Ok, from what I heard, their day jobs are as follows:

Russel works in Medieval Times in NJ, as Demonspell said
Lepond is a private bass teacher
Romeo has a recording studio in his house and I think he gives lessons too, but i'm not sure about that
Pinella works in a Guitar Center, but I'm really skeptical about this one.

If anyone knows better than me, feel free to point out my errors :p

Yeah, Pinella does work at a Guitar Center. I don't think Romeo uses his home recording studio to do other bands though, I think thats just for Symphony X stuff. The only reason I can see for Romeo being the only one to live off of music is because he probably gets most of the royalties since he writes a good 90% or so of the music, plus he's been on numerous side projects (Kotipelto's new album going to #1 in Finland was a help, Im sure).

Hey ppl am i the only one who's wrong here or the right spellings are Russell (and not Russel) and Pinnella (and not Pinella)??? :confused:
Why can't you SyX fans remember the right spelling of your fav band members? :lol:
Figure that i still have to see someone writing Mike PORKNOY or James LaBEER :devil: (with no reference to ANY band :D )

X-Greets,
Knight_ (who always hated people writing her name wrong :D )

Oh, by the way... I did know that Sir Russel Allen works in Medieval Times... I've just forgotten... hhehehehe... but I didn't know that Romeo was a full-time musician... that really got me surprised... and, if Mr. Rullo's a chef, SyX bandmates will never die of hunger, huh?!?!?!? LOL!

Oh, and... for what I know, Mr. Russel is a sword collector... he has bunches of swords in his house... hehehehe...

Originally posted by †Russel Allen†®
And the correct spellings are:

Russel Allen

Hey do you own any copy of an original SymphonyX CD?
In all my CDs (a part of the Self Titled one of course) there is written RUSSELL... :D

Well cya!

Originally posted by Yngvai X
Yeah, Pinella does work at a Guitar Center. I don't think Romeo uses his home recording studio to do other bands though, I think thats just for Symphony X stuff. The only reason I can see for Romeo being the only one to live off of music is because he probably gets most of the royalties since he writes a good 90% or so of the music, plus he's been on numerous side projects (Kotipelto's new album going to #1 in Finland was a help, Im sure).

MJR does use the dungeon for other bands other than Symphony X. I know that he worked with the band Enertia on their orignal 3 song demo cd and I also know that he did stuff for Core Device as well. I dont have a Core Device cd in front of me to look up the info on, but I know that he produced for them.

Glenn

Wow! That's pretty disconcerting! I was going to ask if they had day jobs or if not, when they gave them up, but I thought it might seem a little dumb to consider they have day jobs.

Medieval Times is a real place? Hahaha! I've only seen it in The Cable Guy movie. The announcer's English accent was intentionally really bad and hilarious......a little like the guy who does the voice on Planet X's King of the Universe intro :tickled:

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
Wow! That's pretty disconcerting! I was going to ask if they had day jobs or if not, when they gave them up, but I thought it might seem a little dumb to consider they have day jobs.

Medieval Times is a real place? Hahaha! I've only seen it in The Cable Guy movie. The announcer's English accent was intentionally really bad and hilarious......a little like the guy who does the voice on Planet X's King of the Universe intro :tickled:

The "King of the Universe" intro is hilarious!

heheh :lol: would be cool to eat in that restaurant :p and tell to the waitress "hey did you know that the chef is an excellent Prog-metal Drummer? " .. and the waitress would say "huh?", then you tell "what ?? don't You know the Best Prog metal band in this World and you work with the Drummer?!?!?"... :lol:

Originally posted by Leopard

I think you mean Etheria. They're an awesome band!

Ah yes...my mistake. Too busy trying to rush off a post ;)

The Etheria demos are quite good. I can only hope that the full length truns out just as well. MJR wont be in the producers chair for that, but I still am hopeful that it turns out well ;)

Glenn