Symphony X DVD

MJR has an instructional video released in japan that is now out of print. MJR says something about being unhappy with the video because it has nothing to do with theory.

As for DVD's, nothing official. Bootlegs are not to be discussed here [by request of the band and Jax], but if you really are interested, pm me and i can get you info.

You know...life would be so much easier if people would use THIS:

searchforum.jpg

That way we wouldn't have 2000000 DVD topics.

Hey jax, i wasn't saying that i am for bootlegging, but the info should be available if they want it eh? And c'mon, i've been the one to tell people not to post bootleg stuff on the board in the past. I respect the bands stance on this subject, but if it's just info he (or she) wants, why not?

theodyssey said:
Hey jax, i wasn't saying that i am for bootlegging, but the info should be available if they want it eh? And c'mon, i've been the one to tell people not to post bootleg stuff on the board in the past. I respect the bands stance on this subject, but if it's just info he (or she) wants, why not?
Agreed, why not? Bootlegs and their discussion hasn't exactly hurt Dream Theater. Fans that buy and trade bootlegs very typically have every album the artist has released, and simply want more. I'm sure there are many like me that forked over $20-$25 for import Symphony X albums when they weren't available in the US, so it's hard for me to feel guilty about mentioning bootlegs.

This is SymX's forum. Mike Romeo is against bootlegs. Thereby, their official forum will not condone the discussion or distribution of them. Nuff said. Respect the band in their 'home', & give me a damn break; this has been debated into the ground, & what Romeo wants is going to trump all else, so let it go already.

I understand and respect this Jax, hence me not discussing it here. my only point is if they want information (not distribution, i'm on the same page as you here) then what is the problem with informing them that they can get in touch privately about information about the bootlegs. Nothing was ever said about how to find them or condoning the existance of bootlegs.