Symphony X Forum - A couple announcements

Show a metal-head Divine Wings and they'll be like "WTF is this?".
'

I, completely, disagree. I am a "metal head". My music roots are based on metal like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Slayer, etc. When I heard Divine Wings, I was blown away, really intrigued by it. It was different, yet still had a similar feel. Not everyone will like it, sure. But, I think your statement paints a very broad picture.

'

I, completely, disagree. I am a "metal head". My music roots are based on metal like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Slayer, etc. When I heard Divine Wings, I was blown away, really intrigued by it. It was different, yet still had a similar feel. Not everyone will like it, sure. But, I think your statement paints a very broad picture.

My point was that SX was never, to me, a metal band, which is why I used that blanket statement.

Symphony X used to be a prog band.
I find the metal-heads who just want to headbang are listening to the wrong band because SX's songs are itching to be picked apart.
IMO, Metal sucks when it isn't laced with heavy amounts of prog.
Show a metal-head Divine Wings and they'll be like "WTF is this?".

I think Symphony X have always leaned towards the heavier side of prog. I love prog bands such as Arena, Marillion (Fish era) Mostly Autumn and Landmarq and these are out and out prog and nowhere near as heavy as Symphony X. I also love Maiden, Gamma Ray, Edguy and totally agree with the last statement. Show DWOT to fans of these bands and they may indeed say wtf?

Symphony X, like Uriah Heep, my favourite band, are somewhere in between and I guess that's the genre for me.