Symphony X live in Pratteln (Switzerland) tonight

Tyrion

Jul 21, 2002
Switzerland
Visit site
I just returned from the show and it was JUST INCREDIBLE!!! I cant believe how good Russel Allan is, it's not human anymore!!!! ;) No kidding, he's by far the best live singer I've ever seen. And besides, he's an incredible showman as well. The crowd went completely crazy, it was an absoluetly unforgettable night. The set list was about the same as at the other concerts in Europe, nut I'll write it anyway cause its fun for me to remember all the songs... :D

Inferno
Wicked
Evolution
Communion and the Oracle
King of Terrors
Accolade I & II
Out of the Ashes
Sea of Lies
Smoke and Mirrors
Of Sins and Shadows
The Odyssey

Especially the "heavier" songs of the new album kicked ass, especially "Wicked" and "King of Terrors". I also liked how they switched between heavier songs and more "progressive" songs. The sound was ok, although Pinella could have been a bit more up front from time to time. As already mentioned before, I wouldnt mind a few songs more cause 1.5 hours isnt THAT much for a band like SyX. Anyway, it was one of the best concerts (if not THE best) I've ever witnessed, and I'm already looking forward to the next time they're coming close to me...

THANKS FOR AN UNFORGETTABLE NIGHT GUYS!!!

That's awesome dude :) Yeah I guess they will play the same setlist in Europe. I thought 1,5 hours is okay. They played a little bit long in Eindhoven (I don't know how because it's the same setlist o_O ) or maybe it looked like they played longer. You see, before the concert I waited for like 3 hours + 3,5 hours of the concert. I was really exhausted after all, but I enjoyed it.

Man, I was at that show too! Russel had me floored. I've never heard anyone sing like that in my life! As for Romeo, he played just about every solo with his eyes closed... :Smug: All in all, it was the best concert I have EVER been to, and they finished with the entire "Odyssey"!