Symphony X March 6th London

Symphony X being mentioned on the forum, made me go check this band. Unfortunately it seems to be shitty and unoriginal powermetal, much like Stratovarius, but only worse.

I saw Symphony X supporting Dream Theater last year in London, they weren't too bad. I hadn't really heard any of their stuff before and their sound wasn't great but i meant to check them out afterwards.... never did though :lol:

My next gig will be Turisas supported by Alestorm in London. It's at the Electric Ballroom, not been there before, any good?

Btw. I was talking about Power Quest in my earlier post. Symphony X is awesome. But the band this forum is for, isn't.

That's an even worse comparison, moron!

Being a huge Epica fan boy, I really want to go to this gig. Unfortunately, it's the same day as Paganfest, and I can't decide which one I want to go to more...

I dislike Epica too, so I guess we just have different tastes of music... Well, I mean, the singer does look good (very), but the rest isn't something I'd enjoy.

Wander,
Are you openly admitting to disrespecting Power Quest on their own forum? That's REALLY lame and immature, IMHO.

Back on topic...
Symphony X are one of those bands that when I first got into them, found to be amazing. I guess because they are different than most power metal bands. For some reason, they have not stood the test of time for me too well. My interest in them these days is fairly minimal.

I have seen them live a couple times, and they have always been great, so I would certainly recommend going to see them for those interested.

Symphony X being mentioned on the forum, made me go check this band. Unfortunately it seems to be shitty and unoriginal powermetal, much like Stratovarius, but only worse.

Key word here is "seems". How can you judge another bands music if you haven't even taken the time to listen for yourself? Though I suppose that's what you'd expect from someone who thinks PQ and Stratovarius sound anything alike! Ungrounded worthless opinion abounds, I'd pay this moron no heed.

Btw. I was talking about Power Quest in my earlier post. Symphony X is awesome. But the band this forum is for, isn't.
Why would you come to a band's forum just to be an ignorant cunt? Seriously...

That's an even worse comparison, moron!

Being a huge Epica fan boy, I really want to go to this gig. Unfortunately, it's the same day as Paganfest, and I can't decide which one I want to go to more...
It's not the same day as Pagan Fest mate, Symphony X is March 6th & PF is 6th April :)