Symphony X Mini March US Tour

Lamour is a great place, I saw SX there too and it seemed packed..I've seen Savatage, Nevermore, etc...always a packed house there!! but true, the headliners go on late and people start leaving...it wasnt like that this weekend!!
Hey I'll be there too! Right on:headbang:

YtseJammer said:
Hell yeah I'll be there on the 14th..can't wait. I hope they sell the joint out! Last time they headlined there, the played the entire Divine Wings of Tragedy..in front of 25 people. That's L'Amours for ya..where the headlining act goes on at 1:30 in the morning!

Ugh, that's so brutal. I mean, I appreciate that the venue gets lots of the good tours and all, but would it kill them to have the headliners come on by say, 11:00 or so? Nothing like getting home from a show there at 4:00 AM (I have a 1 hour drive, give or take).

I spoke to the promoters of the show, and they "claim" Symphony X will go on stage at 12:30 PM and get 2 hours to play, so maybe we'll all get home at 3:30 AM instead of 4! ;)

markgugs said:
Ugh, that's so brutal. I mean, I appreciate that the venue gets lots of the good tours and all, but would it kill them to have the headliners come on by say, 11:00 or so? Nothing like getting home from a show there at 4:00 AM (I have a 1 hour drive, give or take).

I spoke to the promoters of the show, and they "claim" Symphony X will go on stage at 12:30 PM ;)

12:30 PM!?!?! Man, that is REALLY early!

I know, I was shocked (and disbelieving as well) when they told me that. I've never seen a headliner take the stage there earlier than 1:30 AM, except Halford, but that was only 2 bands, not your typical L'Amours show.

I think I'll go to sleep...wake up around 9, get ready..and take a nice ride on the Belt Pkwy with NO TRAFFIC...and get to the venue around 11:00 just in time to see Seven Witches..I'm curious to see them live. Let's be honest, nobody wants to see the first eight bands anyway...

The Halford show was nice...I got out of there before 1, unreal for a show at L'Amours!!!

markgugs said:
I spoke to the promoters of the show, and they "claim" Symphony X will go on stage at 12:30 PM

Breakfast with Symphony X... I can't wait. Seven Witches must be going on around 10:30 am and the first band at about 6 in the morning.

Haunted Eclipse said:
Here are the dates:
Thursday March 6th - Rockhouse USA - Aurora IL
Friday March 7th - Harpos Concert Theater - Detroit MI
Saturday March 8th - Foufounes Electriques - Montreal, QC. Canada*
*(Note: this is an early show and must be over by 10:30 pm)
Sunday March 9th - The Opera House - Toronto Ontario
Tuesday March 11th- Agora - Cleveland OH
Thursday March 13th - JAXX West Springfield Virginia
Friday March 14th - Lamour- Bay Ridge Brooklyn, NY
Saturday March 15th- The Palladium - Worchester MA

With Seven Witches and Ion Vein.

This will be cool BUT being in Chicagoland they are playing Rockhouse USA, this place is way too small!! From stage to front door is probably 30-40 feet! Floor space in front of stage is next to nothing. Angra played there following ProgPower III and was a great show. Weather and lack of promoting kept croud numbers down. I hope tour dudes do a little more looking around the next time around. There is a club 10 miles from Rockhouse that has a stage 10 times as big, can hold 20 times as many people and parking has room for more than 20 cars, and has more than 1 bar. Sinergy in West Chicago is the name of the club. I hope someone who has any influence will see this.

I guess you have to take what you can get.

Yeah... It is unfortunate that they are playing at the Rockhouse, being such a horrible venue... yet convenient at the same time, at least for me, because I only live about a mile away. Of course I plan on attending this show. :) Hopefully this time I can get Russ' autograph too! I got to see them at the Blind Guardian show in Chicago, and I must say, they were fantastic live! It was a shame they only got to play for about 45 minutes. As far as I am concerned, they blew Blind Guardian out of the water. Good to see they will be headlining this time. :) Anyone else planning on attending the Aurora show this Thursday?

FINALLY got to see Symphony X after missing them three or so times in the last year...but it was well worth the wait.

The show last night in Aurora (Chicago) was fantastic. It was great to see the band pull off the material live with ease. They played an hour and forty minutes, and really seemed to be enjoying themselves. A birthday cake was brought out for Michael Romeo, and Russel Allen jokingly said Romeo "turned 48 today"!

Anybody know the setlist for the show - didn't recognize a couple of tunes. Please respond here is you can help.

Cheers,
Pat

Abba said:
FINALLY got to see Symphony X after missing them three or so times in the last year...but it was well worth the wait.

The show last night in Aurora (Chicago) was fantastic. It was great to see the band pull off the material live with ease. They played an hour and forty minutes, and really seemed to be enjoying themselves. A birthday cake was brought out for Michael Romeo, and Russel Allen jokingly said Romeo "turned 48 today"!

Anybody know the setlist for the show - didn't recognize a couple of tunes. Please respond here is you can help.

Cheers,
Pat

Hey Pat,
I regret not writing down the setlist now for last night's show, but I remember the majority of the tunes. If someone else wrote them down, they can fill in the blanks of whatever I am missing. They played:
Inferno
Wicked
King of Terrors
Church of the Machine
Accolade
Accolade II
Evolution
Awakenings
Egypt
Communion & the Oracle
Sea of Lies
Out of the Ashes
Rediscovery II
Smoke and Mirrors
Of Sins and Shadows

In no particular order... except I do know they opened with Inferno and ended with Of Sins & Shadows. They did play the Imperial March from Star Wars as well somewhere in between, and then there was the guitar/bass duel between Romeo & LePond, which kicked some serious ass I might add! :)

~Meg

Um, they did not play Rediscovery II! One of my favorite tracks though, I wish they would have. They did play Death of Balance though. I'm pretty sure that's everything. What a wonderful show!

Kyra said:
Um, they did not play Rediscovery II! One of my favorite tracks though, I wish they would have. They did play Death of Balance though. I'm pretty sure that's everything. What a wonderful show!

Oops! I knew something wasn't right with my list. Thanks for clearing that up! :) It's hard to remember everything they played in concert versus everything I've listened to of theirs. ;)

Meg,

Thanks for posting the setlist - much appreciated. Here's hoping they get a full summer tour planned like Russell Allen mentioned at the show. Can't wait to see them soon.

Pat