Famous Grouse

A.A. Member
Sun. March 9th Cricket Club - Irvington NJ
Mon. March 10th Jaxx - Springfeild VA
Tues. March 11th The Masquerade - Atlanta GA
Thurs. March 13th Ground Zero- Spartanburg, SC
Sun.March 16th Fitzgerald's - Houston TX
Wed. March 19th Bash On Ash -Phoenix Az
Thurs. March20th Showcase Theater- Corona CA (ALL AGES)
Fri. March 21st House Of Blues - Los Angeles CA (21+)
Sun. March 23nd The POUND SF - San Francisco CA
Tues. March 25th Graceland - Seattle Washington
Thurs. March 27th Ogden Theater - Denver CO
Sat. March 29th ROCKHOUSE USA - Aurora IL
Thurs. April 3rd The Agora - Cleavland OH
Sat. April 5th Lamour- Brooklyn NY
Sun April 6th The Met Cafe - Providence RI (No Deicide)
Mon April 7th Foufounes Electriques - Montreal Canada (No Deicide)
Tues. April 8th The Opera House - Toronto Canada (No Deicide)

More to be announced

17 dates within 30 days...hmmm, this looks like half a tour. Tour starts in one week. What the hell is going on?

I am pretty sure I know the reason, and it starts with a D and ends with a side.

Tell me, when exactly was the last time Deicide played in Tampa, their own HOME town, anyway? How many years ago was it? Don't you think that if they could play Tampa, their own home town, it would have been one of the first shows booked?

Think about it.

GoddessHecate said:
Tell me, when exactly was the last time Deicide played in Tampa, their own HOME town, anyway? How many years ago was it? Don't you think that if they could play Tampa, their own home town, it would have been one of the first shows booked?

Think about it.

Actually, the last time they played in Tampa was last year in August, it was a special Tampa show that they played at the Masquerade. The problem with Deicide is that they ask around 4000$ to play or at least they used to and that could explain why they US tour don't usually last too long. Everybody in Tpa knows that about Deicide, they consider themselves superstars and ask way too much money to play, leaving other bands with very little money to split after a tour. On top of that their set is as short as one can get.

GoddessHecate said:

Think about it.

As mentioned above they played in Tampa at the Masquerade last August and in St. Pete a year earlier if I'm correct. So there are/were places in Tampa Bay area for Deicide and others to play.

Tomasz said:
As mentioned above they played in Tampa at the Masquerade last August and in St. Pete a year earlier if I'm correct. So there are/were places in Tampa Bay area for Deicide and others to play.

Your must be refering to the Deicide/Vital Remains tour? That tour was extremely short, 10 dates I think.
I ll be pissed if AA doesn't make to FL, I was gonna drive to Atlanta, but that's like 7 hours from here and I have to work the next day.

Belgar said:
Actually, the last time they played in Tampa was last year in August, it was a special Tampa show that they played at the Masquerade. The problem with Deicide is that they ask around 4000$ to play or at least they used to and that could explain why they US tour don't usually last too long. Everybody in Tpa knows that about Deicide, they consider themselves superstars and ask way too much money to play, leaving other bands with very little money to split after a tour. On top of that their set is as short as one can get.

Well there you go! you just explained it perfectly. Actually, they're asking $5000. for this tour. So now you know the reason why all the dates haven't been sold and why there are certain towns they aren't playing. Promoters have been burnt one too many times with Deicide and with the economy the way it is, they just aren't willing to take the chance of getting hit for a 10 grand loss.

Belgar said:
Your must be refering to the Deicide/Vital Remains tour? That tour was extremely short, 10 dates I think.
I ll be pissed if AA doesn't make to FL, I was gonna drive to Atlanta, but that's like 7 hours from here and I have to work the next day.

It doesn't look too good so I most likely will be soon booking my airline tickets to NYC for the April 5th show which is on Saturday.

WOW, youre flying from tampa to nyc to see the show? awesome, man.

And you're WHACKED to fly up to crappy L'Amours!.[/QUOTE said:
Who knows, maybe I am. I'm not going there to check out the club and its acomodations but the bands. Announcing final dates 3 days before the tour kicks off is pretty messed up/crazy if you ask me. Somebody is taking some chances here of this badly promoted tour.

yeah it is avery badly promoted tour and with not much time i highly doubt they will come to florida anyway. id go to georgia but i have no way to get there. im just gonna have to wait for the next tour even though this show would probably be the most bad ass for a long time. vehemence must fucking kill live let alone revenge and amon amarth!!! thats pretty cool that your going to NY though. proves your metal faith! :headbang:

Tomasz said:
Who knows, maybe I am. I'm not going there to check out the club and its acomodations but the bands. Announcing final dates 3 days before the tour kicks off is pretty messed up/crazy if you ask me. Somebody is taking some chances here of this badly promoted tour.

Don't worry about it Tomasz, L'Amours is a GREAT club for metal. The sound is good, there are multiple bars, sightlines are just fine, etc. It certainly gets more packed than I prefer, but it's a great place to see a metal show. Period.

If you think Lamour is a GREAT club for metal, than you're never been anywhere else. Unfortunately, it's the best New York has to offer for metal. The sound there sux balls. The Best club on the whole east coast is located in Philadelphia, and it's called the Trocadero. I know, I've been to clubs all over the country, and all over the world. Lamour rates amongst the worse.