Symphony X Roll Call / Charlotte

Yeah, it's nothing like Ziggy's - it definitely looks like (and probably was) a warehouse. Tremont is bigger has no levels like Ziggy's (RIP) did.

I'll be there, probably with an Angra shirt.

Jim

Yep, I'll be making the trek from Raleigh. Can't wait.

FatesFan, bought my tix this morning using eTix and it said I was the 289 ticket but I'd imagine it'll be somewhere between 250-350 there.

Checked the website and it says the place can hold up to 1000 but I've been there before and I doubt it can reach that type of capacity.

Da Pup.

Yeah, it's nothing like Ziggy's - it definitely looks like (and probably was) a warehouse. Tremont is bigger has no levels like Ziggy's (RIP) did.

I'll be there, probably with an Angra shirt.

Jim

Ziggy's isn't there anymore? :zombie: It was a crap hole but I saw Manowar there twice and Rhapsody.

I will either have last years ProgPower shirt on or a Kansas shirt. So if anyone wants to say hi, please do.

FatesFan, bought my tix this morning using eTix and it said I was the 289 ticket but I'd imagine it'll be somewhere between 250-350 there.

Checked the website and it says the place can hold up to 1000 but I've been there before and I doubt it can reach that type of capacity.

Da Pup.

Cool...thanks for the info.

Ziggy's isn't there anymore? :zombie: It was a crap hole but I saw Manowar there twice and Rhapsody.

Yeah, the owner sold the property last year. He sold it to Wake Forest University I believe. I think the owner was going to continue with promotion, so maybe there will be a new Ziggy's at some point. I missed the Manowar/Rhapsody show; the last show I saw there was Opeth/Nevermore.

I will either have last years ProgPower shirt on or a Kansas shirt. So if anyone wants to say hi, please do.

I'll look for you :kickass:

Yeah, I read somewhere that he's already looking for new locations and wanted to bring it back. I never made it over there from the Triangle but they did seem to get a lot of good shows.

The Volume 11 tavern in Raleigh is starting to get a lot of shows like PaganFest coming through so that might be more of a logical place for local shows.

Da Pup

Yeah, I read somewhere that he's already looking for new locations and wanted to bring it back. I never made it over there from the Triangle but they did seem to get a lot of good shows.

The Volume 11 tavern in Raleigh is starting to get a lot of shows like PaganFest coming through so that might be more of a logical place for local shows.

Da Pup

Neither of those is "local" for me. :mad: It's 3 hours to Charlotte or Winston Salem......almost 5 hours to Raleigh. I can get to Atlanta in 5 hours. I live in a Geographical oddity. :erk:

I'll be there tonight with 3 other PP regulars.

Ziggy's is in the process of moving to downtown Winston Salem. I know that it's going to be in an old Woolworth's building (though I live here and don't even know excatly where that is). They are supposedly moving everything from the interior of the old place into the new location so it will be setup the same....not really sure why they'd want to do that...nostalgia I suppose.

Darren

Just curious to know how the show was and how many ppl showed up. Did Symphony X mix the setlist up or did they do the usual set I hear so many ppl say they do? How was Amanda and Into Eternity? Also did anyone go see Trail of Tears @ Tremont? How many ppl showed up for it? I heard @ Jaxx like maybe 50 ppl showed up. I hope Symphony X had a good turn out so they will come back. I talked to Hansi when Blind Guardian played there 12/06, he said it was a small crowd, but very energetic, everyone was into it, and he would love to come back to Charlotte. Hope Allen and co. are the same.

Just curious to know how the show was and how many ppl showed up. Did Symphony X mix the setlist up or did they do the usual set I hear so many ppl say they do? How was Amanda and Into Eternity? Also did anyone go see Trail of Tears @ Tremont? How many ppl showed up for it? I heard @ Jaxx like maybe 50 ppl showed up. I hope Symphony X had a good turn out so they will come back. I talked to Hansi when Blind Guardian played there 12/06, he said it was a small crowd, but very energetic, everyone was into it, and he would love to come back to Charlotte. Hope Allen and co. are the same.

The show was great. This was my first time at this venue and I can't say that I was impressed.....but considering there are no shows like this where I live, I will take what I can get.

I was there to see Symphony X only. I of course know Epica and Into Eternity but never really explored the music too deeply. We had even talked about getting there late because we did not care to see Into Eternity. Boy, am I glad we didn’t. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed Into Eternity. Epica was good as well although I thought IE was better for my taste. Amanda did a great job but I really can’t compare to Simone as I don’t listen to Epica.

There was a good crowd. I would say the floor was 80%full. The strange thing is, the two openers had more of a crowd than Symphony X. I would say about 1/8 of the people left, or maybe they just packed in tighter. At any rate, Symphony X was awesome. Russell gave one of the better live vocal performances I have witnessed. Probably in my top 3 or 4. I thought the sound could have been better but this was not their fault.

I thought the set list was great. They did about 3 songs off the new album including the title track. I don’t recall set lists very well so I am not even going to attempt a list. They did play Masquerade.

Set list for X was about the same from what I recall, heavy on the new album. Allen was awesome!!!
Epica was the better of the two in my opinion as far as overall execution.
Thought X was sloppy on the older material.
Hate IE....was in the bar for the set.

Crowd was excellent!!!
Probable twice that of the Blind Guardian show and more energetic.

The venue....is what it is, nothing exceptional, but not the worst I have been to over the years....certainly not near the best either...grateful they bring the shows they do.

This was my second trip and certainly have confirmed that the sound system has issues with high mids and highs and not so sure I would attribute that solely to the venue itself.
Definitely better sound at many other Carolina clubs.
Also do not understand why they do not lengthen the stage to the right (as viewing)...would help to enlarge the stage length wise, increase stage front area.

Sad to hear Jaxx had so few people at the show....though not really a Jaxx fan from a fans perspective, though many respects for the job they have done through the years.

Great show in Charlotte.

The sound was pretty good, especially during Epica, where it seemed like the engineer had a better control of it all. During SX the sound was acceptable, but I would have liked some more guitar in the mix.

Into Eternity = bar time (yup, the only drink I had the entire evening)

Epica = very good show, Amanda is a fantastic vocalist and though I'm not crazy about their music it really came off very good.

SX = ROCKS!!!! I love SX, and Russell A is the perfect frontman. They did play most of the new album, as well as a few oldie's such as "Smoke & Mirrors" and "Of Sins and Shadows". The show was a bit short in my opinion.

I'm not particularly fond of the venue ... looked "dirty" and not really the perfect place for a metal show. But what the heck, I had fun.

Now ... what the F was up with those drunken girls? :loco:

c.

I have seen DragonForce and Blind Guardian @ Tremont. DragonForce's sound was horrible as the bass drums drowned out everything. Blind Guardian was mixed better, everything was heard not drowning out the other. As far as how many ppl Tremont can hold, I heard DF had 1200+ in the building and from what I remember I believe it. I got to meet Herman and Sam at that show as they were mingling through the crowd. BG had aboot 500 in there I would say. I was also curious as stated b4 as to how was Trail of Tears @ Tremont in January. Hope all enjoyed the show, my main reason for not going was Simone wasn't there, plus $$$ is tight w/ new baby and all. Anyhoo, there is always a next time. Love to see Allen/Lande tour the US sometime.