Symphony X

Romeo is extremely unpleasant to look at. I dunno if that means anything and he definitely is the best fucking guitarist I can think of at the moment... but GOD he's fucking ugly! :D

Tut Ankh Amon said:
oh fucking christ that was the biggest load of crap that i've ever heard :lol:

Keith emerson can play a romeo solo with his right hand and those crappy keyboard solos from SX with his left one, at the same time :p

sorry, but don't argue with me about prog :p

True about Emerson but I don't think he writes anywhere near to Romeo. If technique w would all be listening to Francisco Fareri.

BTW, Spock's Beard is god awful. What's sad they got even worse when Neal Morse left!

Symphony X are a fantastic band...one of my absolute favorites. They're incredibly talented all around. Romeo is a beast on guitar not only with insanity like Sea of Lies but he can really make that thing sing during more emotional moments as well. Lepond (and Miller when he was with them) provides a solid bottom end to the music and has chops to spare, and both of them have good taste in knowing when to copy the guitars and when to venture off into their own independant lines. Pinella adds subtle yet completely essential atmospheres and textures to the songs, as well as being a beast of a player as well...one of my favorite keyboardists out there. Rullo's drumming is as tight as Bruce Dickinson's spandex back in the 80's. And finally...Russell Allen. There's never any way to put into words how incredible his voice is. He has everything you could want from a singer, going from metal growls (though still musical and understandable) like in King of Terrors or Inferno, to beautiful moments like Awakenings, to soaring choruses like Church of the Machine. He is, IMO, the greatest singer out there, hands down. The epitome of versatility.

Liquid Shadow said:
Symphony X are a fantastic band...one of my absolute favorites. They're incredibly talented all around. Romeo is a beast on guitar not only with insanity like Sea of Lies but he can really make that thing sing during more emotional moments as well. Lepond (and Miller when he was with them) provides a solid bottom end to the music and has chops to spare, and both of them have good taste in knowing when to copy the guitars and when to venture off into their own independant lines. Pinella adds subtle yet completely essential atmospheres and textures to the songs, as well as being a beast of a player as well...one of my favorite keyboardists out there. Rullo's drumming is as tight as Bruce Dickinson's spandex back in the 80's. And finally...Russell Allen. There's never any way to put into words how incredible his voice is. He has everything you could want from a singer, going from metal growls (though still musical and understandable) like in King of Terrors or Inferno, to beautiful moments like Awakenings, to soaring choruses like Church of the Machine. He is, IMO, the greatest singer out there, hands down. The epitome of versatility.
Have you been reading my mind?? :p I couldn't have said it better myself. Can't wait to hear their new stuff, at least Pinella's and Russ's solo albums are on their way, that might make it easier for me to wait for the new SymX album.

@Tut, I've been waiting to hear your cover of Inferno, are you going to do that or did you guys give up hope and admitted that you're just not capable of doing it..? :p

We're all idiots. Any of these guitarists could kick the collective gluteus maximus of the CoB forum (as could Alexi, for that matter)