Synth that's worth the money

well, i gotta say i didn't know that they keep updating the content instead of releasing Omnisphere 2, for example. in that case i'll understand - they don't have product lifecycles in the same manner as NI Komplete.

that's good but a little risky from a business standpoint - i'm sure i'm not the only person who thinks like i did - but Spectrasonics seem to have a steady foothold in the software instrument industry so it's all good.

Then i'm happy I could help inform you on how amazing Spectrasonics are to their customers and their products lifecycles.

And I do agree that taking that standpoint from a business perspective is risky, but I believe it's their perspective that if they create a quality product from the beginning and support that product to the fullest throughout its life that customers will notice and become loyal. I know I am. It would be easy for them to put out a new or slightly updated product each year and stick a new price tag on it as so many developers do, but Spectrasonics don't go about their business like that and I for one really appreciate it.

I guess you could consider me a fanboy because of the way Spectrasonics have treated me. Every year at NAMM, they showcase some amazing new features. This year they were showing off the Omni TR http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/news-content.php?id=53
As I watched the presentation and I was saying to myself how cool everything was they were showing and asking myself how much it was going to cost me for the upgrade thinking a lot! Only to have them state that everything I just saw would be available later on for free to registered users. It's been like this ever since Omnisphere was released! Unbelievable!

I also had a very strange glitch on their website when registering one of their products and I couldn't activate my product for some reason. I contacted them online asking for assistance, and they called my cell phone to apologize to me for the mix up, and that they had looked into the problem and already fixed everything for me! They were so polite and professional I was speechless I was receiving that level of customer service for a VSTI Instrument!

I'd love to buy Omnisphere but that thing's three years old and the price hasn't gone down at all??

plus spectrasonics never seem to have any sort of price reductions. doing too well?
My guitar's 3 years old, and the price hasn't come down on that.

Software doesn't rot or anything. It's as good now as it was when it came out, so there's no reason for the price to drop. The only reason it would get cheaper is if better competition came along - and if that competition existed, the guys in this thread would have recommended that instead of Omnisphere.