Concert DVDs that are really worth the money?

Oh yeah, I bought Dismember's Live Blasphemies a week ago. The concert was a bit short, but the documentary more than made up for it. It showed basically the progression of the band over the years, and it shows how the band came from being a very disoriented-garage type Death Metal band, to being one of the greatest Death Metal bands of all time. They are interviewed throughout the documentary obviously, but it is all said in Swedish. There's English subtitles though, and you'll get used to those, although you have to read kind of fast.

It's the first DVD I personally bought, and I am so glad that I paid the $25 for it. I recomend it for all Death Metal fans out there.

If you like Dream Theater, Live Scenes is great. It has a crapload of bonuses. Some of I&W is played on there, A Change of Seasons, and some other extra tracks.

Is the Megadeth DVD any good? I've been thinking of getting it, but the setlist is really heavy with newer material.

Also, I thought In Flames were working on a DVD. Although they're garbage now, I would expect that they could probably put 30 or so songs on a DVD, and a pretty good selection of the older ones hopefully.

Star One - Live on Earth: Great concert, essential if you like Ayreon or Star One... the crowd is not very good and there are few cameras, but it´s still very good.

Gamma Ray - Heading for the East: So so, it´s from their first album so it´s very short and not that great.

Iron Maiden - Rock in Rio: Awesome sound and a great performance, very good crowd, huge... some people complain about camera changes, they happen too fast.

Axel Rudi Pell - Knights Live: Pretty good except for the fact that Johnny Gioeli screams way too much and it´s obvious he can´t sing the old tunes like Jeff Scott Soto.

Dark Tranquility - Damage Live: Awesome performance by the band, very tight and perfect sound. The crowd sucks, I read somewhere that they recorded it on a tv set with a crowd invited by the network, so they don´t know who the fuck dark tranquility is.

I really liked Opeth's DVD. Good production values, good direction.

Plus the inside-the-studio footage was worth watching, and wasn't just a bunch of short vignettes of the band goofing off slapped together

**cough, Dillenger Escape Plan, cough**

Destruction - Live Discharge
Kreator - Live Kreation
Enslaved - Live Retaliation

Notice a trend?

"MasterOfLightnight": The Megadeth DVD (Rude Awakening) is very good! It has some older stuff aswell, only one song from the first album though, I think. The setlist is good though, I'm fairly certain there's nothing from Risk. It also has some extra songs and an interview with the guys which is pretty funny for the most part. Definetely worth it if you're a fan. :headbang:

I have a bunch of dvds but my favourites are
Slayer-war at the Warfeild
Sepultura-Chaos DVD
and the ever so awsome
Pantera-3 Vulgar Videos from Hell

I only have Death: Live in LA, Opeth: Lamentations and Emperor: Live in the Empyrium. I just seem to watch the DVDs once through and not bother with them even if they're good. I'm not really near the television at home so I guess that contributes to my lack of DVD watching.

yeah, it seems that "Mr. Toby" has forgotten his roots.
Pantera - 3 Vulgar Videos from hell is the greatest music DVD ever
Slayer - War at the Warfield is great
Sepultura - Chaos DVD is also rad and fucking huge
Corrosion of Conformity - Live Volume (great band live)
Superjoint ritual - Live in Dallas TX 2002 is prety damn good too.

Dream Theater - Metropolis 2000
Opeth - Lamentations
Pink Floyd - Live at the Pompeii

Love it :)

"Pantera - 3 Vulgar Videos from hell is the greatest music DVD ever"

Hulk Blood!

I'd say that Carcass - 'Wake up and smell the Carcass' is worth buying if you're a fan, despite a shitty sound on the first one or two songs (I forget which) but it's ages since I watched it and their practically my favourite band. So go figure. I don't think metal DVDs really have much replay value since you can do so much more while just listening to the CD and I can never be bothered to actually sit and watch one (unless I'm a) stoned or b) very bored). Live Kreation is also a badass, but I don't own it.