Synthesiser based music.

Birkenau

New Metal Member
Aug 11, 2004
Australia
I'm looking for something in a similar vein to Burzum's Tomhet, Han Som Reiste, Rundgang Um Die Transzendentale Saule Der Singularitat etc...

Why in the fuck would you look for that!
1. Those are entire albums made on a fucking keyboard by a man being fucked in the ass while in prison
2. The guy taking it in the ass isn't even a good keyboard player
3. Go buy a 30$ keyboard and you can probably make an album as good as the ones you mentioned.

Since I've never listened to any of the stuff Varg did after his guitar was kept from him but I would recommend Tangerine Dream as great synthesiser based music. Especially their earlier albums in the 70's like Phaedra and Rubycon.

Whatever you do though don't listen to Fenriz's side-project Neptune Towers. Its crap.

Already listened to Tangerine Dream :)

And I don't mind Neptune Towers, Caravans... is good for 'special moments'.

try:

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85-92
Die Verbannten Kinder Eva's

or listen to my stuff below ;)

Vinterriket, Angantyr, my own project Morpha, Boreal, Aakon Keetreh, Beherit's two last albums, some Crimson Moon, Dark Sanctuary, Die Saat, Epheles, Ildjarn, Forest Silence, Grand Alchemist, Ildfrost, early In The Woods..., Kataxu, Leviathan, Lunar Aurora, Manes first album, Marblebog, Mistigo Varggoth Darkestra, Moevot, Nest, Nordlicht, Paysage d'Hiver, Rodovest, Sapfhier, Striborg, Alcest, Sun Of The Sleepless, and Wongraven are all great bands that have ambient and I HIGHLY recommend them all to you.

For a lot of ambient type stuff.