Invocator - Excursion Demise
Sadus - A Vision of Misery
Overkill - Years of Decay
Exodus - Tempo of the Damned

Those albums both rule and own...
Plenty of thrash for everyone!!! :kickass:

For me I would have to break it into decades

70's - Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti - Perfect album, through and through

80's - Priest - Unleashed in the East - The epitamy of what metal was supposed to be back "in the day".

90-95' - Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power - I know I will get bashed by the Pantera haters, but in it's time this album fuckin slayed!!

96'-2k4 - Nevermore - POE - When I first heard of Nevermore it was on a Priest tribute and they did Love Bites, kicked ass. I went out that day and bought POE, without trying to be dramatic, it changed my entire way of thinking musically. :headbang:

Hmm. I won't call them perfect, but there are metal albums which had a specific sound that affected me in a very poignant way. Milestone albums, you could say.

Judas Priest "Unleashed In the East"
Carcass "Symphonies of Sickness"
Emperor "Anthems to the Welken at Dusk"

Non-Metal- Sisters of Mercy "Floodland"

Souls of Black said:
For me I would have to break it into decades

70's - Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti - Perfect album, through and through

80's - Priest - Unleashed in the East - The epitamy of what metal was supposed to be back "in the day".

90-95' - Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power - I know I will get bashed by the Pantera haters, but in it's time this album fuckin slayed!!

96'-2k4 - Nevermore - POE - When I first heard of Nevermore it was on a Priest tribute and they did Love Bites, kicked ass. I went out that day and bought POE, without trying to be dramatic, it changed my entire way of thinking musically. :headbang:
i'm sorry dude..but i'm gonna have to disagree with you on physical graffiti... zeppelin's later albums cannot compare to zeppelin I or IV...sorry..but its true ..i would never use physical graffiti to represent zeppelin
haha..or maybe pantera's "metal magic" album just fuckin slays em all! :tickled:

Like most of us here, I certainly can't pick favorites. I love all my albums and all for different reasons. Having been forced to leave my entire CD collection (indeed, all my worldly possessions excepting a suitcase of clothing) behind when moving some years ago, I learned that the albums that really matter to you are the ones you are willing to buy twice.

If I had to pick a single album that I consider "sacred," I would choose Jaco Pastorius's "The Birthday Concert." I cannot imagine any way to improve upon this masterpiece. Jaco was at the top of his game here, and having a huge backing band of all his musician friends gives all of the classic compositions, taken from the full range of his musical career, new life and energy.

Oh yeah, and whoever mentioned the Exodus, Overkill, and Dream Theater albums, excellent choices. I was actually listening to those at work the other day. :headbang: :headbang:

Here are my top 5 albums I cannot live life without:

Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper
Symphony X - Divine Wings of Tragedy
Strapping Young Lad - City
Emperor - Live Ceremony
Iced Earth - Alive in Athens

Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World is the runner up