Erik, you better be telling the truth

Erik said:
not really, "lost wisdom" is ace but i prefer "en ring til aa herske", "key to the gate" and "snu mikrokosmos tegn" above it

That was another of the tracks I noted as "standout," though I also prefer "Snu Mikrokosmos Tegn" to it as well. And I really liked "Key To The Gate" too. Hell, I dug the 2 instrumental passages before the album winds up, too. :D

thing about this album is that it has the most "filler" of the burzum albums (though if you don't like rundgang um die transcendentale säule der singularität you might argue that filosofem is worse in that respect)... i mean some of the interlude shit is good to great but when it all comes down the line there are really only four "proper songs" on there... well hvis lyset tar oss also has 4 tracks but each is lengthy as fuck and KILLER.

Erik said:
thing about this album is that it has the most "filler" of the burzum albums (though if you don't like rundgang um die transcendentale säule der singularität you might argue that filosofem is worse in that respect)... i mean some of the interlude shit is good to great but when it all comes down the line there are really only four "proper songs" on there... well hvis lyset tar oss also has 4 tracks but each is lengthy as fuck and KILLER.

Right, I completely HATED the entire 2nd-half of Filosofem, and in the end, the 1st 3 tracks weren't enough for me to keep the disc.

As for the filler aspect of Det Som, I can see that. And yes, from what I've read, it is indeed the more "epic" nature of Hvis that makes so many people choose it as their favorite.

MadeInNewJersey said:
Really?

I listened to "Det Som" about 342 times yesterday and was absolutely BLOWN AWAY. In fact, I really have to admit that I am shocked a bit by just how much I loved the album, all of it, instrumental passages, intros/outros, weirdness (though to be honest, there isn't much weirdness), the RIFFS, just a work of art.

Loved it.

I'll get to "Hvis..." later, perhaps this afternoon. I want to make sure I don't need to be doing anything else while I listen to it for the 1st time.

Your hetero level just skyrocketed.

BTW "Key to the Gate" might be my favorite Burzum song. Until I hear DSEV again, then I recant.

Yeah. About a year ago I said "Oh well, I have enough music to keep me interested for a while, I don't really need anything new..." :lol: Never works, unless you go broke.

"Svarte Dauen" is a bootleg release that should NEVER have been out for sale... "Burzum/Aske" is the first album and first EP paired... Second is essential, first is to be avoided at all costs

Erik said:
"Svarte Dauen" is a bootleg release that should NEVER have been out for sale... "Burzum/Aske" is the first album and first EP paired... Second is essential, first is to be avoided at all costs

Or perhaps not.

MYSTERY POST!