Erik, you better be telling the truth

markgugs said:
The End just got the digipacks of "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" and "Det Som Engang Var" back in stock, $30 for the both of them. Are they WORTH that?
"Det Som Engang Var" is definitely worth it. It's one of the defining CDs of the genre. However, they completely sold out with "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss". It's clear that Varg's sucess had gone to his head, and he was only trying to sell records with this release. It's hard to determine if "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" is less tr00 or less kvlt. Sadly, I thiink we'll never know.

Hope that helped.

Zod

General Zod said:
"Det Som Engang Var" is definitely worth it. It's one of the defining CDs of the genre. However, they completely sold out with "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss". It's clear that Varg's sucess had gone to his head, and he was only trying to sell records with this release. It's hard to determine if "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" is less tr00 or less kvlt. Sadly, I thiink we'll never know.

Hope that helped.

Zod
hahahahaahahaha

i really like the first track of Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, in fact i'd say it's pretty fucking brilliant. but the rest of that album i can take or leave, and i haven't heard any other Burzum.

Nate The Great said:
Ummm . . . I'm assuming Zod is being sarcastic. Hvis blows the tits off Det Som. Hvis is the ONLY Burzum that should be mandatory listening for anybody NOT gay.

Really?

I listened to "Det Som" about 342 times yesterday and was absolutely BLOWN AWAY. In fact, I really have to admit that I am shocked a bit by just how much I loved the album, all of it, instrumental passages, intros/outros, weirdness (though to be honest, there isn't much weirdness), the RIFFS, just a work of art.

Loved it.

I'll get to "Hvis..." later, perhaps this afternoon. I want to make sure I don't need to be doing anything else while I listen to it for the 1st time.