Synths And Stutters

Jul 8, 2012

We've heard them all.

I come to you guys urgently because I'm tired of finding crap tutorials, and people giving samples and saying HERE YOU GO ALL DONE. I want to know what programs I can use to start making my own. And basically from the ground up learn. My problem?

I have a show in 2 days, and I need these backing tracks with synths and cutting in the vocals done by today at 5PM.

Can I get some help here? How do you guys suggest I approach this? I already use Sytrus and glitch/Effectrix.

Last edited by a moderator:
It takes a little time if you want to learn how to program synths. You can probably find some decent in depth tutorials on youtube or google but I would suggest buying a book on it.

Another alternative: You say you use Sytrus, read the manual. If it doesn't have its own product manual, I believe it is included in the Fl Studio manual which I'm assuming you're using.

The final option, and probably least desirable would be to use the presets and get as close as possible to the sound you're looking for.

As for synths to use, you can come up with some decent sounds with the stock synth vst's that come with fl. Toxic Biohazard has some good sounds. I can't remember the other one but you can get some ok trancy or ambient sounds. Otherwise you'll have to invest in some third party synths like refx, omnisphere, or u-he zebra. There are also lots of freeware synths that can do the job if you know how to use them. You can find them pretty easily with a google search.