SYNTHS - MIDI - SAMPLES VST

Uncle Junior

Jun 24, 2009
Slovenia
Hey guys, I'm new here and I've got to say you kick some major metal ass!!!! :Smokedev:

Ok, so what I'm asking is which vst intruments do you use for your synths:

1. for sound effects (bells (Children of bodom style) , choirs :hotjump:

2. for orchestral stuff (like strings, horns....)

3. Does anyone use Vienna Symphonic Library here? I'm trying to get it to work with Steinberg Halion....and I need some tips

Thanks!!!!

P.S. :headbang: this forum is the best forum on the fuckin' web!!!!!!!!!

1: Try PCM based softsynths.
Might also wanna check out GM compatible softsynths because you know that they will include some
key Children Of Bodom-ish patches such as Tubular Bells, Orchestral Hit, Choir Aah and so on..

1: Try PCM based softsynths.
Might also wanna check out GM compatible softsynths because you know that they will include some
key Children Of Bodom-ish patches such as Tubular Bells, Orchestral Hit, Choir Aah and so on..
Yeah, ok thanks mate.

Can you tell me where to get this PCM, GM stuff and how to use it ?

A good one I've found is 'Steinberg Hypersonic'. It's small and has all your nightwish, COB type sounds - from the strings to the orchestra hits etc...

For orchestral stuff I use Edirol (amazing), for 90's style sounds Hypersonic.
If you're willing to dish out some cash as well, Symphonic Choirs is incredible.

And there you have your COB and Nightwish.

Well I've never found those COB bells or bright pads or leads or whatever. I found similar things but not the same. The closest thing I got that does that is a Yamaha psr-295 keyboard. It's quite a low budget machine. :p This pic is not mine, mine has stars glued on it :saint: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/Yamaha_PSR295.jpg

For the price EWQL is the best company imho. Some plug-ins from them like the Gold edition or the Colossus have synths and "natural" sounds. So you can use it for a lot of things. But I never tried that Edirol Orchestral.