Synths+Guitars. (Revalver's JSX, AD, RSN) Inspired of some recent songs on the forum.

CarlBlomqvist

Here to learn
Jun 18, 2008
Skövde, Sweden
So, I made this song and recorded/mixed/mastered it today. So it's just 1:30 for fun.

The mix is extremly hot and overmastered. Did it really fast. It's pumping a bit but sometimes it kinda suits the style.

I used Reason 4, for the synths.

I'm not too happy with the guitar tone. My plan was to try out the 8505 but my internet broke, so I used the JSX as I never tried it. I think it can turn out nice if I blend it with the 8505 though.
I used my schecter c-1 elite with stock pups.

Bass is a Jackson V with EMG-81s pitched down one octave and an AmpegSVX on it.

For the drums, everything is AD with the kick and snare drumagogged.

EDIT!: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/745395/Synthnxv2.mp3 I'm amazing...

Tell me what you think about everything!

Peace!
Carl.

It's a good start ;)

Drums are a bit too dry for my taste, too dark too.
Guitars sound muddy and really dark.
Bass is too loud for the rest of the mix, and too dark for my taste.

Ease on compression, it's a bit fatiguing...

I think that's all. :lol:

Best wishes.
-Erik

It's a good start ;)

Drums are a bit too dry for my taste, too dark too.
Guitars sound muddy and really dark.
Bass is too loud for the rest of the mix, and too dark for my taste.

Ease on compression, it's a bit fatiguing...

I think that's all. :lol:

Best wishes.
-Erik

I think the snare is pretty wet actually. I even used reverb on the kick 'cause it was so dry at first haha. But yeah, I guess they are still kind of dry.

I know the guitars are muddy :( That's what I don't like about them. But I think that will be solved with some blending. I want the 8505 to be the main amp, but I think this tone has a nice body. Afterall this was done in about 6 hours all and all. This is just for fun. My bands upcomming EP is my main project. But you get pretty bored listening to the same stuff over and over.

The bass you speak of are the synths I think. The bass is not really loud at all. The synths are like 60% of the bass frequenzies ^^ But they are almost all just presets.

And yes, the compressor is indeed fatigueing :lol:

Will upload a new version when I have done some things too it. Just wanted to share the song/mix so far :3

Any comments on the song itself?