System of a Down... Watch this video

Originally posted by jealousy

That last line there pretty much proves you are immature with out really needing anyone to elaborate and lecture you on it.

Oh is that so? Well I don't know what to say. I mean a person on an internet message board just revealed to me that I am, in fact, immature. That can't be good. What will my parents say? And what about my friends? They will never look at me the same way again. How can they? I am, after all, immature. That's it; I think I should go slit my wrists now.

I feel like i dropped a bomb in the middle of a room.
Few things i would like to state, i made fun of them just as i make fun of black metal power metal death metal and any other genre i come accross it wasnt my intention to piss people off ( yes i like to do that a lot but this time i sincerely apologize ).
Second, Yea i understand most of you liking SOAD cause they are funny, personally i dont find any humor on their music or lyrics, but i do like bands that are about fun like i stated when i quoted S.O.D. or Anal Cunt or Sore throat or Nuclear Rabbit or Dahmer countless others i listen to mainly just because they are funny ( well exept from S.O.D. maybe, funny noise ).
Yet i didnt stated they werent funny i just said they are mmm i wanna say talentless but its a hard word for the vocalist who apparently can actually sing, But i mean come on you are all trowing definition about what Nu-metal is. To me and many people i know its not The DJ or the hiphop ( Ill be damn if hiphop makes a band numetal Biohazard virtually gave me a start in metal like 6 years ago and back then in the Biohazard/Urban era Discipline they were damn good ) Its the Image. A particular weird satanick freaky suicidal angry classic american teenager image started by bands like Korn back in 1994 THAT its nu-metal to me the image. And this is gonna Sound weird but the Sound of them contributes to the image it just tries to have a lot of tension in it with freaky guitars and weird mymotherbeatsmewhilemyfatherstickshisdickdownmyass vocals then supposed-to-be-aggressive parts. It just adds to the image of Bad weird crazy motherfucker they build. And while i can appreciate the vocals of SOAD and that they try to be ironic instead of aggresive yet they still try to look all crazy and weird. Makes me sick.

Now THAT does not represents by all means only that kind of music that do that, everyone will hate me but i see alot of the image driving music thing around black metal bands with they corpse paint church burning pagan crap and actually little talent, but well black metal IS extreme music and there IS a lot of talent in it nowdays, i guess i just have the wrong image stucked in my brain. And what about glam? countless of your todays hero's grew up listening to glam metal that are no better than the numetal bands kids listen today, only difference is that glam bands ocationally had a band member with talent ( mainly the vocalist and/or the guitar player ). But it was image and barely something else. Death metal never got away from the megabrutal sickserialkillergraphicallydescrivinghiscrimeshedoesnthasballstocommitinreallife thing, Yet im probably one of the Biggest Brutal Death Metal fans ever i just cant get enough because its just so extreme music and requires alot of techical things to play it most times on guitars and drums.

My point is: Ok i like intense music and im guessing as opeth fans most of you do like intense music, SOAD mightbe intense indeed, and have a good vocalist, But they objetive as music to express something gets lost in the image they try to produce visually and musicwise, So dont try to say they are not Nu-metal ( that IS what i meant by Nu-metal mid 90s supposed-to-be freaky image )
Its Ok you all like it and no disrespect for you i think we all are guilty of listening to bands that are not serious musicians, or that let the image push their expression too far away from music.

But there is always bands that run away from image like i do, like Opeth does like many many do.

I think System Of A Down is the best band in the US right now. Call them whatever genre you like. The fact is: they are good. Yes, the music is simple. Yes, the music is humorous. But it is also intense and meaningful.

Why must music always be about the same old shit? Sometimes I just like to relax and listen to a song about a pogo stick. And that's definitely NOT nu-metal.

Death its coming back to shut your fucking mouth once and for all
thats all i can say about american music.
And also i really cant understand if you actually cared to look at american underground bands you would find krisiun, gorgasm, dying fetus ( but well they are in trouble now ) nile. disgore, Skinless, and many many more amazing Death metal acts that are truly great compared to Nu metal
I just lost my patience with you bunch of motherfucking idiots a racional conversation isnt possible

Originally posted by Misanthrope
Death its coming back to shut your fucking mouth once and for all
thats all i can say about american music.
And also i really cant understand if you actually cared to look at american underground bands you would find krisiun, gorgasm, dying fetus ( but well they are in trouble now ) nile. disgore, Skinless, and many many more amazing Death metal acts that are truly great compared to Nu metal

Regarding American underground music: it's best left underground.

I just lost my patience with you bunch of motherfucking idiots a racional conversation isnt possible

Fuck you too.

going back to the original post, whats meant to be so good about the video? why is it special, the way you advertised it i was expecting something good/contraversial. this is just unoriginal and simillar to others, dont you think?

If it wasnt for undeground music there wouldnt be such a thing as Opeth
Funny you should diminish undeground act in an Opeth forum what do you think it was a major influence in them and almost their style when they started? Nu-metal?
Please go away you are wasting everyones time

Originally posted by Despot

Oh is that so? Well I don't know what to say. I mean a person on an internet message board just revealed to me that I am, in fact, immature. That can't be good. What will my parents say? And what about my friends? They will never look at me the same way again. How can they? I am, after all, immature. That's it; I think I should go slit my wrists now.

Heh, that sounded like the kinda 'I'm not insulted' crap people would say back in third grade to save face.

'Nah nah, I know you are but what am I?'

:lol:

Originally posted by jealousy

Heh, that sounded like the kinda 'I'm not insulted' crap people would say back in third grade to save face.

'Nah nah, I know you are but what am I?'

:lol:

I see somebody likes to argue, ha? Well if you think you're so much more "advanced" why don't you give me a call my phone number is 1-908-713-0104. I'll even pay your phone bill if that's what it takes to pull your head from the clouds and back down to earth where you're just as worthless as I am. If this isn't to your liking than I say fuck you, and your argument.

P.S. When you call ask for Goran.

Originally posted by Wolff
Spiff, what's your fave song in that album?

I'd say it would have to be Chop Suey. From the rest I don't really have a favourite - the whole album is great :)

I haven't heard much nu-metal at all, and didn't even know SOAD was considered to be part of the genre until I read it somewhere. That said, if SOAD sound like every other nu-metal band like people here have said, then I've got to get out and listen to more of it. I used to just listen to prog metal and frowned on anything that didn't conform to my opinion on what was good or not... but then I realised that I was missing out on a lot of great stuff. As I said before, if it sounds cool I'll listen to it, even if it's as commercial as it comes - as long as it's pleasing to my ears.

"Toxicity" is certainly my favourite album of the year so far, with a huge gap between first and second place (and I don't know what number 2 is yet!).

Oyo, my initial posting was for the funny factor, but perhaps it is my "could be a two face" forewarning to all the men (and women?) out there, who like a "pert" bottom? :lol: ... I 'stumbled' across the scarey site through work! ha ha ha :D

if system of a down is the best american band......... that means they are better then nile.... SOAD OWNS NILE!!!! Thank you for opening my mind!!!! I can't beleive i didnt see this!!! I mean shit! That morons blast beats in NILE are no match for the Soad's drummers punk beats that are extra simple!!! The singers in nile(all of them sing), despite their amazing talent and ability to coordinate with each other and take different singing parts, SUCK DICK compared to that whiney son of a bitch in soad, i mean he owns them!!!

Originally posted by Mikael is God
if system of a down is the best american band......... that means they are better then nile.... SOAD OWNS NILE!!!! Thank you for opening my mind!!!! I can't beleive i didnt see this!!! I mean shit! That morons blast beats in NILE are no match for the Soad's drummers punk beats that are extra simple!!! The singers in nile(all of them sing), despite their amazing talent and ability to coordinate with each other and take different singing parts, SUCK DICK compared to that whiney son of a bitch in soad, i mean he owns them!!!

You sound like an angry whinging bitch. What the fuck is your problem?

Simple can be good... Misfits, Black Sabbath... Beatles. Is that too complicated for your peanut brain?

Originally posted by Despot

I see somebody likes to argue, ha? Well if you think you're so much more "advanced" why don't you give me a call my phone number is 1-908-713-0104. I'll even pay your phone bill if that's what it takes to pull your head from the clouds and back down to earth where you're just as worthless as I am. If this isn't to your liking than I say fuck you, and your argument.

P.S. When you call ask for Goran.

Do you live with your parents Goran? True Slavic bravery you've displayed here by giving your phone number. Keep your Balcan heroics to yourself; I doubt anybody is interested in your mickey-mouse bullshit.

poof.

Wolff raises a valid point.

"Symptom of the Universe" has got to be the simplest song EVER! I still like it...

I dunno. I really can't stand numetal, but I like System. These are not contradictory statements because I don't consider System to be numetal. Why? Different themes, different image, different attitude. Same slop-metal chords, but I can't bring myself to care, I like "Symptom of the Universe".

If SOAD were underground and NOT played on MTV, etc, then we wouldn't be having this little debate, and I think we all know it.

Long ago, I made a distinction between art and entertainment and said that for the most part, entertainment fails to interest me, as it is often the simple, mindless rabble produced for the masses. Is SOAD art? No. Are they entertainment? Must be. Is it mindless rabble produced for the masses? With lyrics like "Drug money is used to rig elections and train brutal corporate sponsored dictators around the word", I dunno...

Originally posted by Misanthrope
I feel like i dropped a bomb in the middle of a room.
Few things i would like to state, i made fun of them just as i make fun of black metal power metal death metal and any other genre i come accross it wasnt my intention to piss people off ( yes i like to do that a lot but this time i sincerely apologize ).
Second, Yea i understand most of you liking SOAD cause they are funny, personally i dont find any humor on their music or lyrics, but i do like bands that are about fun like i stated when i quoted S.O.D. or Anal Cunt or Sore throat or Nuclear Rabbit or Dahmer countless others i listen to mainly just because they are funny ( well exept from S.O.D. maybe, funny noise ).
Yet i didnt stated they werent funny i just said they are mmm i wanna say talentless but its a hard word for the vocalist who apparently can actually sing, But i mean come on you are all trowing definition about what Nu-metal is. To me and many people i know its not The DJ or the hiphop ( Ill be damn if hiphop makes a band numetal Biohazard virtually gave me a start in metal like 6 years ago and back then in the Biohazard/Urban era Discipline they were damn good ) Its the Image. A particular weird satanick freaky suicidal angry classic american teenager image started by bands like Korn back in 1994 THAT its nu-metal to me the image. And this is gonna Sound weird but the Sound of them contributes to the image it just tries to have a lot of tension in it with freaky guitars and weird mymotherbeatsmewhilemyfatherstickshisdickdownmyass vocals then supposed-to-be-aggressive parts. It just adds to the image of Bad weird crazy motherfucker they build. And while i can appreciate the vocals of SOAD and that they try to be ironic instead of aggresive yet they still try to look all crazy and weird. Makes me sick.

Now THAT does not represents by all means only that kind of music that do that, everyone will hate me but i see alot of the image driving music thing around black metal bands with they corpse paint church burning pagan crap and actually little talent, but well black metal IS extreme music and there IS a lot of talent in it nowdays, i guess i just have the wrong image stucked in my brain. And what about glam? countless of your todays hero's grew up listening to glam metal that are no better than the numetal bands kids listen today, only difference is that glam bands ocationally had a band member with talent ( mainly the vocalist and/or the guitar player ). But it was image and barely something else. Death metal never got away from the megabrutal sickserialkillergraphicallydescrivinghiscrimeshedoesnthasballstocommitinreallife thing, Yet im probably one of the Biggest Brutal Death Metal fans ever i just cant get enough because its just so extreme music and requires alot of techical things to play it most times on guitars and drums.

My point is: Ok i like intense music and im guessing as opeth fans most of you do like intense music, SOAD mightbe intense indeed, and have a good vocalist, But they objetive as music to express something gets lost in the image they try to produce visually and musicwise, So dont try to say they are not Nu-metal ( that IS what i meant by Nu-metal mid 90s supposed-to-be freaky image )
Its Ok you all like it and no disrespect for you i think we all are guilty of listening to bands that are not serious musicians, or that let the image push their expression too far away from music.

But there is always bands that run away from image like i do, like Opeth does like many many do.

Dude,
Your English is poor. You seem to have an adequate vocabulary, but you need some work on the grammar. It seems like you run away from image AND substance.

if they were underground we wouldnt know who they are thats the ONLY reaosn why we wouldnt be having this debate. I don't give a flying shit about thier popularity - the music is just not good

what the fuck does his grammar have anything to do with this????? What a fool you are attacking someone's grammar skills. THe motherfucker lives in mexico doesnt he?

Originally posted by HoserHellspawn
Wolff raises a valid point.

"Symptom of the Universe" has got to be the simplest song EVER! I still like it...

I dunno. I really can't stand numetal, but I like System. These are not contradictory statements because I don't consider System to be numetal.

yeah i see what you mean, but nu-metal now just means metal that is new :lol: , a lot of nu-metal is different and comparing bands like Defftones to slipknot or incubus, they are all called nu-metal but are different. i think its stupid as a lot of nu-metal would have been called rock 5 years ago or whatever.
i think the difference between bands like SOAD and bands like Opeth are that with Opeth you get deep feelings (like on the music experiences thread) and although people that listen to other nu-metal stuff etc. also feel music deeply (i find it hard to believe, but they probably do) i think that you get more feeling from a band like opeth than SOAD, slipknot, etc. but in the end, if your happy with what you like, then its all ok,right?
the only thing is, pop music is usually forgotten after a few years and pop albums aren't mentioned after a while either. (sorry for calling it pop, but its in the charts so it in theory is)