System of a Down... Watch this video

Well the language of England its not my main idiom, nor did i ever have enlish lessons at all i just learned the rudiments of the idiom by listening to bands and talking to people on irc.
And yea well what can i say, i guess Opeth are really lucky you SOAD worshiping fans gave a band like opeth a chance, cause they are the equivalent to lets say Nile or Dying fetus or bands like that in their country, not at all mainstreem and im almost positive underground from what i heart from the other board.
You can like SOAD but when you call them the "BEST" band on america it just seems a little too hard considering you like a band like opeth that begin in Death Metal roots. I mean come on im not telling you to like Brutal Death Metal im just telling you to, at least as Opeth fans, Give it some degree or respect before trowing 2 decades of music to the toilet cause some guy wants you to wake up and put a little make up.

Originally posted by Wolff

Do you live with your parents Goran? True Slavic bravery you've displayed here by giving your phone number. Keep your Balcan heroics to yourself; I doubt anybody is interested in your mickey-mouse bullshit.

poof.

Yes I live with my parents. And so do a million other 18 year olds around the world. What I did was in no way heroic, I mean I gave a guy (or a girl..not quite sure which) my phone number. What's so fucking heroic about that. I am simply confident that I am capable of carrying an argument with that particular person. I didn't invite him/her to a duel for god's sake. Attacking me is ok, but attacking my nationality is not very nice, because by doing so you also attack all others who belong to that same nationality. So lets try and keep this on a more personal level. And what's with the "poof" at the end? Do you feel like you have somehow completely defeated me with your obviously superior wits? Finally, you seem to have been very interested in my
"mickey-mouse bullshit" or otherwise you wouldn't have spent precious time of your life trying to top it.

Dude, you need to chill out and take things a little less seriously.

Hehehe, reminds me of a quote:

'Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.'

No, I'm not going to call you cause A), it's a waste of time and money (I don't wanna even know the cost of a call from a mobile phone in Finland to a fixed phone in the states) and B), I don't even consider this an arguement. If anything at all this is a lame pissing contest which should have died already.

Go ahed and bitch at me if you want but thats the way I see it.

Originally posted by jealousy
Dude, you need to chill out and take things a little less seriously.

Hehehe, reminds me of a quote:

'Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.'

No, I'm not going to call you cause A), it's a waste of time and money (I don't wanna even know the cost of a call from a mobile phone in Finland to a fixed phone in the states) and B), I don't even consider this an arguement. If anything at all this is a lame pissing contest which should have died already.

Go ahed and bitch at me if you want but thats the way I see it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Wolff

I love SOAD. Furthermore they crack me up. I like this video b/c of their ability to not take themselves seriously, while at the same time making a serious point.

Anyways, I find it odd that "empty" video is getting rave reviews. That video says NOTHING to me. Maybe that was the intent...
Still nobody has given me a good explanation of why they like this video...

1) To me, it seems like they're taking themselves pretty seriously in the video.
2) What the hell is the "serious point" being made by the video? It's good to eat Chinese food? Play music in front of fans? Merge into other people? Please explain.

Originally posted by Useful Idiot

Still nobody has given me a good explanation of why they like this video...

1) To me, it seems like they're taking themselves pretty seriously in the video.
2) What the hell is the "serious point" being made by the video? It's good to eat Chinese food? Play music in front of fans? Merge into other people? Please explain.

See closely and you will find what you are looking for...:loco:

Hmm, Death Metal for the masses...nope, that's nowhere near as bad as Nu-metal. :p Not to mention Serj sounds like a pig when he tries to oink..I mean growl.

the real pig is the guy from Disgore you have to check out one day
The guy from Last Days or Humanity could be described like a miniature giant space pig that sings...but to me he sounds more like really old pipes making a superlow sound

What is up with this bullshit? Let's take a look at all the "arguments" why SOAD suck that have been put forward.

(1) Their music is too simple. If I gave you a complicated arrangement of farts, would you consider it good? I sincerely hope not. So complexity is obviously not a measure of how good a piece of music is. The music of Black Sabbath was fairly simple, but no one seems to think they suck for that reason.

(2) They are too similar to nu-metal bands. Such statements could only come from deaf people. SOAD sound nothing like Limp Bullshit, Lickin Park, etc. Nu-metal bands are heavy on the hip-hop influence. SOAD come from a more thrash/death background.

(3) The vocals suck. Once again, this would have to come from someone who is deaf or who hasn't even listened to SOAD. Serj has a powerful and versatile voice that he is able to control extremely well. He has a wide range: screams, growls, awesome clean stuff (e.g. "Spiders"). And most importantly of all, his vocals are very expressive. Be it anger, sadness, outrage, humor, boredom--you can hear it in his voice. At the very least, he is Pavarotti compared to Dani from Cradle Of Filth. And I'm sure we have quite a few COF fans in this forum.

(4) The music has no intensity or emotion. Give me a break. Listen to "Spiders", "Know", "Soil", "Suggestions", "P.L.U.C.K.", "Deer Dance", "Needles", "ATWA", "Toxicity", "Aerials". And then pull the tapeworm out of your ass.

(5) They suck. So does your mama.

Ultimately I think it comes down to the fact that SOAD are just too damn popular for the likes of many people on this board who insist that all good music must be "underground". I would love it if Opeth made it into the US charts someday so we can lose all these "underground" morons. Good music deserves to be popular.

Its just a shame. First of all i DID stated that Nu-metal its about a certain IMAGE that SOAD has and no one can deny it just look at the trying to be scarey guitar player.
Second yea i would wish opeth to become popular just as many underground movements had, that doesnt means it changes its roots, if you have no respect for that...thats about what i expected anyway.
Third it just cant be done. I realize its stupid to try change someones mind when it comes to beign impressed. Yea whatever they are good and you all dont give a fuck they are popular. You can all have it your way but i must state that im walking out of the Opeth Forum with a huge disappointment about opeth fans, the word Fanatics fits you well it consumes your mind beyond reason and drives you to workship opeth, however i dont think any of you SOAD fans are truly open minded about extreme music at all, and extreme as it extreme emotional and intense, it might be look like im making a judgement from just a band but it just sounds so plastic, it might be intense but it expresses nothing, they are driven by different reasons. I did bother to listen to a full cd of them and it just seems so hard to believe the same people....on second thought nevermind.
I will never understand any of you, i will never understand this forum, i just think im too different and that is I the one its out of place here. As much as i love opeth and enjoy them i dont belong here or in any forum so i will do us all the favor and...

Originally posted by Misanthrope
Its just a shame. First of all i DID stated that Nu-metal its about a certain IMAGE that SOAD has and no one can deny it just look at the trying to be scarey guitar player.

Nu-Metal is NOT about a certain image as much as it is about hip-hop influence.

Inform yourself:
BBC comentary on Nu-Metal; if you've got the strength to listen through 30 minutes of documentary that is.

Salon commentary; if you've got the patience to read through 4 pages

Second yea i would wish opeth to become popular just as many underground movements had, that doesnt means it changes its roots, if you have no respect for that...thats about what i expected anyway.

I frankly have no idea what you are trying to say here. Sorry.

I did bother to listen to a full cd of them and it just seems so hard to believe the same people....

It's called variety. Congratulations on your first foray into non-extreme music. Pity you had to retreat into your shell.

I will never understand any of you, i will never understand this forum, i just think im too different and that is I the one its out of place here. As much as i love opeth and enjoy them i dont belong here or in any forum so i will do us all the favor and...

Actually I think you fit in just fine into every forum I have ever visited on the net. Self-pity is a sign of weakness. Stop it.