System of a down

I

Ivo

Just watched the last video of this crazy band...they're unique, never heard so weird "politically?"nspired music...What do you think?:confused: :rolleyes:

I'm not a huge fan, but of all the music on the radio today, they do stand out, and I like the songs that get radio play. Spiders is a very cool song, and now all I hear is Toxicity - it's too bad though, because it's beginning to get overplayed.

I saw them live a few months back along with Slipknot - they were pretty good live too.

i have a problem with the guitar player. He should spend sometime working on hi riffts and less time working on his coreography and makeup.

The other band members actually range from good to talented ( for a mainstream band thats it ) but to me it is prove of how they chain is as strong as their weakest link.

The guitar player doesnt looks unique to me. He looks ( and plays mind you ) pretty much like any mainstreem numetal guitarplayer out there, stupid make-up dumbass trying to be freakish performance, simple power chord driven chords mixed with high and uncommon ( but never build musically right ) dissonant chords on the slow parts, he its pretty typical, only the drummer and the vocalist stand out on soad, and the bast player well....its just another bass player nothing wrong with that, nothing to write home about.

Originally posted by Misanthrope
The guitar player doesnt looks unique to me. He looks ( and plays mind you ) pretty much like any mainstreem numetal guitarplayer out there, stupid make-up dumbass trying to be freakish performance, simple power chord driven chords mixed with high and uncommon ( but never build musically right ) dissonant chords on the slow parts, he its pretty typical, only the drummer and the vocalist stand out on soad, and the bast player well....its just another bass player nothing wrong with that, nothing to write home about.

Soad :yuk: :puke:

S.O.A.D. is a band i never gave a chance, until yesterday. I finally gave in and bought both their albums. I got back to the car and put in the first album "System Of A Down" and the first song "Suite-Pee" rocked so much it gave me a hard-on!!;)

So I continued on with the rest of the album, and by the time it was done, I had tossed my load three times. These guys rock so hard its scary.

Their second album "Toxicity" was just as impressive.

Now Im sitting here with ringing ears and feeling spent. GO BUY S.O.A.D. CD'S !!!:D

I think they mean the Chop suey-clip.
System of a down is one of my favourite bands. From the moment I heard them about two years ago I was a fan. The first one will always be my faourite, but that doesn't mean the second one is bad, it was one of my favourites of 2001.

I don't like the way their heading now... they got pretty popular here in Belgium and now stupid kiddies call themselfs fans too. Their music hasn't changed and I still love them, but... I never like a band becoming popular.
Maybe you all know Within Temptation? Well, about 6 months ago I went to a concert of WT and maybe 400 people showed up. For some reason, trendy Flanders discovered WT... now their album entered charts at place 5 (while their CD is released one year ago) and their single went number one at the commercial top-20 (and the alternative top-20 too). But the point were I stopped supporting them was 2 weeks ago, when they did an interview with 'radio donna'. That radiostation is the biggest pile of shit you can imagine, it's the laugh of metalheads and a dream for 10 year old boysbandfans.

I fucking hate this society...

Please not another soad thread.

Ok here's the deal

Half the board hates them

Half the board likes them

Some fools are indiferent/dont even know them

There could be another 10 pages threads on how every single fucking one of you has to come here and say either something positive or something negative, LET THIS END.

Goddamn someone move this over the main forum, its music related i dont wanna see music related crap here.

They are as different as different can be for a mainstream band. In other words, it's the SAME OLD SHIT with them. I almost mirror what Misanthrope said earlier. The gimmicks they use in their music to sound creative are just that, gimmicks. The lyrics are ridiculous. "Whydon'tyouputonsomemakeup!youwantedtoputonssommakeupyouwantedtotrustmyselfputonsomemakeup" what a bunch of fucks.

I wasn't going to post on this thread telling you that I didn't care for their first disc,but I enjoy Toxicity every once in awhile until I realized that I could piss Misanthrope off! So suck it!:D

I agree, SOAD's lyrics are not very deep, but neither are the lyrics of a lot of Black and Death Metal bands - but I enjoy listening to some Pseudo-Satanic Black Metal & Brutal Death Metal bands anyway...