System of a down

They are fucking brilliant.

Serj is a very talented singer.

No they dont suck...they are mainstream and sometimes they act mainstream but they are kinda good...im not a major fan but they are definitely unique

Theyre vocalist Serj or whatever is very talented he has a good vocal range but the guy who growls? MAN! He needs some help...
SOme of their songs i kinda like like Prison Song...but well stuff like what was it 'Sugar'? No thats just wierd

Overall Rating : have problems, but theyre uniquity (can u say that) and serjs vocal range save em. Not real metal though.

Originally posted by Mr. Mojojo
you guys need an enima!
just chill and let everyone be who they are and say what they wanna say. if you dont like it

TURN YOUR FUCKIN HEAD AWAY AND DONT FUCKIN READ IT!!:mad:

YEAH! There ya go dude! Let's have a board where everyone simply states their own opinion and never responds to anything anyone else says, that should make for some entertaining and valuable reading. And since we're all a bunch of pussies who can't handle any slight bit of controversy, what a brilliant idea! :rolleyes:

By the way......System of a Down really, REALLY sucks. :lol:

I don't take System seriously, but I do enjoy listening to them. I like their first album better than Toxicity, although it's growing on me.

from 'Deer Dance': "Past the Staples Center, you can see America, with it's tired, poor, avenging disgrace... peaceful loving youths against the brutality... of plastic existence"

The lyrics almost sound like they belong on an early Frank Zappa disc.

"Plastic People..."

Hahaha, back in the day only wolff provide reasonable arguments defending SOAD, nowdays everyone acts like belial they say o its great and unique and they turn away like little kids with their hands over their ears. I bet any of you that if you runned into a guy that says crap about opeth the sitation would be toootally different, why? not because you like opeth better, because there actually IS originality and technical things in opeth you can reasonably prove, on the other hand you could prove the guy in soad has a nice voice and the drummer could be making stuff well thinked SOME of the time ( most of the time its not complex timing is just a guy playing random crap ), other than that its a typical new metal band ( the lyrics i consider different and original even if i dislike them, but lets say its part of the vocal work ). All the rest of the stuff soad does can be found elsewhere.

So basically most of you people can say you are fans of Serj and tolerate mediocre unoriginal but amazingly catchy guitar playing and rhythyms, buts that doesnt says much about SOAD as a band, the vocal dude should be a solo artist and the other guys backup guys. Or maybe a little bit more of credit like with Ozzy but thats that.

As a band, they suck, and the fact that no one cares to argue about it just proves that fact right.