System of a Down

ElPredicador

Yeah... Whatever
Jul 27, 2002
Santiago, Chile
I was watching TV, and suddenly on MTV a System of a Down Video appeared: B.Y.O.B.
I don't pretty much like System of a Down, but I must say: THIS SONG BLOWS LOTS OF METAL SONG'S ASS!!!! It is far superior than most standard metal.

PS: I am a bit drunk tight now, so I may have not phrased well. Perhaps I'll post tomorrow to clarify.

I personally don't like System of a Down, but their songs are SO GOD DAMN CATCHY!!!!!

I don't like System of a Down, but after hearing BYOB, I had that chorus stuck in my head for days. Besides just being catchy, that song is actually pretty damn good. And keep in mind that this is coming from someone who hates all their other songs.

I guess I'm one of the few that actually digs most of the band's stuff. I think their first two albums are freaking spectacular. Especially the first one... much less mainstream appeal - more of Serj's growls and screeches, and absolutely awesome lyrics (and some really stupid lyrics, too). :)

I thought this band was really cool and unique when I first heard about them (on a Slayer sampler) and then getting to see them in 1999. They weren't really catchy back then, but were pretty loud, I suppose as loud as that genre could get. Toxicity was a pretty good album too, but I have no interest in their modern records whatsoever. That being said, I will admit the 2 songs I have heard on the radio were pretty catchy, but had some really cool parts here and there. They do show a little sabbath from time to time, and that's not really a bad thing.

I guess some metalheads hate them because they got so popular. They want their metal unknown and nasty, not catchy. Whatever. They keep rocking since album No.1, not having changed that much musically or lyrically. So they're wallets are fatter, so fucking what?

DA - DA DA - DA DA - DA -DA DA

They write great songs and know how to write a hook. Every tune on the new CD mesmerise has a HOOK and is catch as hell. I enjoy them alot. Dare i mention im also a fan of Slipknot, God Forbid, Sevendust and Mudvayne ?

I mean come on. Its all music. It all has its good and bad parts. The bass player from mudvayne is amazing. The drummer from SOD is AMAZING... listen closely he plays alot of OFF stuff that you dont notice. Hes VERY VERY good.

and Joey Jordison from slipknot is an amazing drummer aswell. Mabe its the musician in me but i can find something about just about every kind of music that is appealing. If i hear talent i listen to it. Its that simple.

Da Fukn Guru

proulxski said:
SOAD = lots of garbage lol... You'd have to really love em to enjoy their music, which the people who do are all weird lol!

I don't love them, in fact I think Serj is a douchebag. But I do however enjoy their new album musically. I don't ever wan't to see them live either, unless a band I really love is opening for them.

I don't think they THINK at all. They spew up typical punkesque anarchistic bullshit and then fail to follow suit with actions. I hate them as people AND their music pop ridden awfulness. You don't get much worse than that.