System of a down?

Care to not listen to SOAD? Wtf is this place turning into, toolnavy?

saut said:
Care to not listen to SOAD? Wtf is this place turning into, toolnavy?

What is wrong with SOAD? Can you name me one thing and back it up with more reason then "they suck" or "nu-metal sucks"? (They were often lumped in with the wave of nu-metal bands, but I don't agree with that at all, not that it matters what genre they are).

I liked them when I was 13 or so. Are you 13? You're pretty much allowed to like them if you are. If not, you're wasting your time. There's so much great music out there, and you're listening to SOAD?

First off, I'm not a fan of this band at all, but I don't think you have to be 13 to like it. Some people just look for different things in music, doesn't mean they are immature or don't know good music if they listen to something you hate. If you don't like this band don't post in a thread about them, or simply post your opinion and leave it at that.

saut said:
I liked them when I was 13 or so. Are you 13? You're pretty much allowed to like them if you are. If not, you're wasting your time. There's so much great music out there, and you're listening to SOAD?

Very good argument, Ill stop listening to SOAD now :rolleyes:

Keltoi said:
First off, I'm not a fan of this band at all, but I don't think you have to be 13 to like it. Some people just look for different things in music, doesn't mean they are immature or don't know good music if they listen to something you hate. If you don't like this band don't post in a thread about them, or simply post your opinion and leave it at that.

Exactly, preferably post an opinion that is backed up by reason.

what do you think of evanesence's new album btw?

saut said:
what do you think of evanesence's new album btw?

Oh, I get it, because I like SOAD (which are shit right?) I must listen to Evanesence as well, huh?

Well, I got news for you, I just said I stopped listening to SOAD. I guess your brain didn't quite catch up yet, huh?

Now please leave this discussion to people who actually have something to contribute.

daz436 said:
It's not up to the same standard as Linkin Park featuring some black guy.

wholeheartedly agreed. linkin park is amazing. listen to them instead.

saut said:
wholeheartedly agreed. linkin park is amazing. listen to them instead.

At least we agree on one thing, Linkin Park are awesome. Definitely looking forward to their new album (already pre-ordered it).

hellbastard.jpg

Should be unbelievable

I think you have some seriouse isssssssssssues when it comes to putting music into genres. SOAD are clearly a nu metal band (well there older stuff but there new stuff is deff boardering on pop/rock) and Sabbath are clearly a metal band.

And to be giving them the amount of praise your giving them is kinda freaky, as someone stated earlier, theres a hell of alot more much much better music to get obsessed over out there.

You shouldnt get so offended when people say they think they suck.

Keith! said:
I think you have some seriouse isssssssssssues when it comes to putting music into genres. SOAD are clearly a nu metal band (well there older stuff but there new stuff is deff boardering on pop/rock) and Sabbath are clearly a metal band.

SOAD are SOAD. They don't belong in a genre. And as I said, what does it really matter what genre they are? I already adressed the pop/rock comment in an earlier post, Im not gonna repeat myself.

Keith! said:
And to be giving them the amount of praise your giving them is kinda freaky, as someone stated earlier, theres a hell of alot more much much better music to get obsessed over out there.

That is the wonderful thing about opinions... they differ.

Keith! said:
You shouldnt get so offended when people say they think they suck.

Im not at all offended by any of the posts in this topic. Dunno where you got that idea. Im am merely discussing SOAD. Last time I checked, message boards were meant for discussion.

i dont get how someone could listen to opeth and still take soad or anything of that ikl seriously.

Bierbommetje said:
SOAD are SOAD. They don't belong in a genre. And as I said, what does it really matter what genre they are? I already adressed the pop/rock comment in an earlier post, Im not gonna repeat myself.

That is the wonderful thing about opinions... they differ.

Im not at all offended by any of the posts in this topic. Dunno where you got that idea. Im am merely discussing SOAD. Last time I checked, message boards were meant for discussion.

Well im not going to get into anything with you because clearly you are an SOAD fan boy, and to argue with a fan boy is not a good idea.

SOAD DO belong in a genre, they create music therefore... most fan boyish comment ever. :erk:

saut said:
i dont get how someone could listen to opeth and still take soad or anything of that ikl seriously.

I love Opeth and SOAD almost equally. It really only depends on my mood which band Im gonna listen. SOAD are immensely talented, the reasons you people keep bashing them is because:

A: They are considered nu-metal, and everyone hates nu-metal, so yeah, that means they automaticely suck. The fact that Mike said he hates nu-metal probably reinforced this thought among Opeth-sheep.

B: They sound totally different to Opeth, they are a lot less complex, sound very primitive on the surface.

Basicely, due to these points, there's very little people on these boards as I see it that have really given SOAD a proper chance. You really need to listen to SOAD unbiased and without prejudice. If then you still say they suck (and back it up with a little reason), ok, fine, Im not saying everyone should worship SOAD. But if you just bash the band because of either point A or B (or some other stupid reason), then please, there's plenty of other threads to go to.

Keith! said:
Well im not going to get into anything with you because clearly you are an SOAD fan boy, and to argue with a fan boy is not a good idea.

SOAD DO belong in a genre, they create music therefore... most fan boyish comment ever. :erk:

Fanboys are often pathetic and blind. I dont think SOAD are without their flaws. Though Ive never actually seen them live, from the footage Ive seen, they don't seem like a very good live band. Serj often looks bored to death and Daron often seems very much stoned. Their singing is often very off-key live (the harmonies are therefore butchered, which is a shame). Also, I dont get whats up with Serj's keyboard playing live. Ive never seen a video where you can actually hear it, and it detracts from his singing, which wasn't very good in the first place.

Also, I dont think every single song of theirs is great and deserves praise. There's definitely some filler here and there.

I don't think they are gods. They are just (IMO) an awesome band.

Cant you just except that maybe people dont like that style of music a hell of alot. You must have gathered that by looking at what sort of bands people list as their favs.

Stop preaching so much man, its getting annoying, soad dont deserve as much praise as you are giving them. period.