System of a down?

SaintJoshy

City of the moon.
Aug 8, 2001
US
www.angelfire.com
Hey I was wondering if any of you all listen to system of a down or not? Their new cd is great. It's crazier then the first cd. System of a down is a great band becouse they are something different out there. They have a great drummer and excellant guitar riffs. Not as good as opeth of course hehe

The new album is so diverse, you can listen to it whatever kind of music you're into. My favourite tracks are deer dance, chop suey, toxicity, and atwa.

I agree, Toxicity has tons of different styles on it. Surely you can find something you like on there. I like it better than the first album so far. It is awesome. I wanna see these guys live.

n/p: System of a Down-Toxicity

ya despot and alucard it is sad that we dont listen to the same exact thing you do, i said does anyone like the music, not for people to reply about how sad it is, so next time when you see does anyone like system of a down, or any other thing, dont reply if you dont like it, becouse the post wasnt for YOU!

ive only heard chop suey about 10 times as my friend loves it, but am i the only one that doesn't get that song? i dont hate it but i dont think its good either, my friends mosh to it and i just sit there thinking to myself, why? oh well cant beat a bit of Opeth, and Katatonia on the side :p

Deep breaths, everybody.

I liked the first record a lot. Like I said before, it's nothing I consider even remotely brilliant - I can totally understand people not liking it. I just happen to.

Toxicity probably has to grow on me. I like the single alright and 'The Prison Song' is great (although as much for the lyrics as music - I love political lyrics even if I don't exactly concur with them), but for now I'm kinda lukewarm on the record as a whole. We'll see.

Might as well bump this thead while Im at it.

SOAD are awesome, fave album is probably Mesmerize/Hypnotize (I consider it one album). But all their albums are great, though I must admit I haven't given Steal This Album a proper spin. Serj Tankian is one of my fave singers (though not a very gifted one, technicely). I just love the middle-eastern sound of his voice. Also the vocal melodies on especially Mesmerize/Hypnotize are very well written, when Daron and Serj harmonize it often sounds brilliant, or at least really good. Daron is a very underrated guitarist IMO, at least I don't see him highly rated often (not counting SOAD message boards). He really has a good feel for tasty, original riffs and melodies.
The rhytemn section also does it's job very well, the bass is often very basic, but it fits the music perfectly.

Fave songs: too many to choose.

Bierbommetje said:
Might as well bump this thead while Im at it.

SOAD are awesome, fave album is probably Mesmerize/Hypnotize (I consider it one album). But all their albums are great, though I must admit I haven't given Steal This Album a proper spin. Serj Tankian is one of my fave singers (though not a very gifted one, technicely). I just love the middle-eastern sound of his voice. Also the vocal melodies on especially Mesmerize/Hypnotize are very well written, when Daron and Serj harmonize it often sounds brilliant, or at least really good. Daron is a very underrated guitarist IMO, at least I don't see him highly rated often (not counting SOAD message boards). He really has a good feel for tasty, original riffs and melodies.
The rhytemn section also does it's job very well, the bass is often very basic, but it fits the music perfectly.

Fave songs: too many to choose.

I wouldnt say Daron Malakian is underrated at all, I think he's pretty crap actually. Regarding their new albums; when they came out I liked them, then got bored very quickly. I like some of the first album and Toxicity is OK if im in the right mood. But the hidden folk track Arto on the end of Aerials is the best thing they've done and they should have made an album in that vein.

daz436 said:
I wouldnt say Daron Malakian is underrated at all, I think he's pretty crap actually. Regarding their new albums; when they came out I liked them, then got bored very quickly. I like some of the first album and Toxicity is OK if im in the right mood. But the hidden folk track Arto on the end of Aerials is the best thing they've done and they should have made an album in that vein.

Toxicity is pretty much flawless, bar a few tracks maybe. Daron's simple, yet extremely effective riffs often make the songs, combined with the often very strong vocal melodies. Technicely he's not impressive, but hey, who cares about technique? Id say their old work sounds closer to "boring" (though I don't think their boring in the slightest) and is less varied then their newer albums. I think they've definitely grown and matured (though I don't think any of their music is immature) on Mesmerize/Hypnotize. They might have gone a bit too far creatively, they may have burnt themselves out. Might be one of the reasons why they're taking a break. I definitely hope they write some more albums in the future.