System of a Down is so brutal

haha.. well not really. Listn to this though. I'm in the gym the other day and I'm in the weight room. At the gym they play this crappy pop music station with like Justin Timberlake and Nelly. Shit like that. Anyways.. theres these two kids back there and one of them gets his discman out and hes all like "I cant work out to this shit man. I gotta listen to some good music. I got me some death metal." So.. hearing this gets my attention. I'm thinking.. hmm.. whats he got? So his friend was like "What you got in there?" and the kids like "Just some System of a Down and shit." I had to hold back my laughter. DEATH METAL? Is that what non-death metal listeners think it is. HAHA.. I just thought this was funny..

i was out at the movies with one of my metal friends and we both had on metal shirts and these younger kids made some "lets go listen to slipknot" type remarks behind us. i was like, 'damn, i am sooo out of high school. this isnt supposed to happen to me anymore. and slipknot? common, cant you get making fun of me right even?'

Originally posted by NightSilentWater
Anyways.. theres these two kids back there and one of them gets his discman out and hes all like "I cant work out to this shit man. I gotta listen to some good music. I got me some death metal." So.. hearing this gets my attention. I'm thinking.. hmm.. whats he got? So his friend was like "What you got in there?" and the kids like "Just some System of a Down and shit." I had to hold back my laughter. DEATH METAL? Is that what non-death metal listeners think it is. HAHA.. I just thought this was funny..

:lol: I am SO used to this type of situation that it's not even funny anymore, just annoying :rolleyes:

I've learned to just condescend and keep my legitimate arguments to myself because trying to explain doesn't do a BIT of good..haha

you cant try to reason with those people...its like talking to a brick wall...and then getting kicked in the nuts...because its physically draining to try and get your point accross to themmmmm.....

i fuckin hate that :mad: when i tell people that i listen to metal (not even DEATH metal...) they all say 'oh u grunger! i bet u listen to slipknot blah, blah....' its REALLY gay!