Car Audio System for DEATH METAL!!!!!

david411

May 7, 2002
Seattle WA
Visit site
ive had enough of this bullshit "look how big my subs are" means how good ur sound is why pay hundred of dollars to hear "bvvvvvvvvvvvv bvvv bvvv bvvv bvvvv", like how do u get a good car audio system for metal! and rock and shit, like not just make ur car shake, i mean just over the top loud treble low mids hard metal, can sumeone lay it out for me, where to get speakers and what not

You wouldn't want 'over the top treble' cos it would sound really shit...hmmm, for metal I would think you would want a nice balance of treble and bass, unlike dickheads who just go for the most bass they can for their electro bullshit.

I think subs in a car are only good for video systems. A good 3-way speaker system produces plenty of bass, especially if your car has a trunk. Hatchbacks and trucks don't have trunk enclosures, so sometimes subs are needed even to get just decent bass.

I have 3 ways on the rear deck and in the doors of my Town Car. It produces a great sound for metal music.

Originally posted by Pancakes
What about a van? An empty one, I mean. Wood panneling and wood flooring (no carpets, or anything). What would that do with bass?

Two choices (at least),

1. Get a bass tube and secure somewhere in the van
2. Get good 3-ways, then put them each in enclosures large enough to produce good bass - usually, these are matched to the level of speaker.

There is nothing wrong with using subs for bass in metal. I have two 12 Pioneer subs mounted to the back wall of my truck, had all the factory speakers replaced with Pioneer three ways and tweeters and 760watt Sony Explode amp. Provides plenty of everything. Its all the way you set it up. CROSSOVERS ARE A MUST! Other wise you will wind up with just a bass machine.

I would be happy if my goddamn car had a battery ( is standart transmition so i can just push it and stuff but im lazy ) let alone any kind of sound system at all. My dad said 1 more week wich means 2 of 3 weeks at least before i get a battery for my car... I fucking hate mexican busses, they never stop for people and drive like shit:cry:

I used to be the biggest car audio nut there was like 4 years ago.
I had a massive white chrysler that ended up getting more of a reputation than me amongst the metal heads.
Every metal head here loved that car, and then one day it was taken from me.
Ploughed into at 90km hr by some stupid bitch and it wrote my car off. It fucked hers worse though......
Anyway, that car had $5000 worth of audio system in it and it kicked ass.
It had a pioneer cd player, 100watt coustic amplifier, and a 25watt precision power amplifier. A pair of 6 inch coustic splits in the front doors, a pair of 5 and a 1/4 coustic mid range speakers for rear fill. And a 15inch JL audio subwoofer in the boot.
That car measured a staggering 121 db on the spl meter. What made it staggering was that there was only 130 watts running the whole system.
I was beating people I knew that was playing techno shit, and powering there system by like twice as much as me.
Metal was all my car knew, and it kicked ass.
I sure miss it

In my car I have 2 10" pioneer subs on a 300 watt amp, pioneer 6x9's, pioneer 5 1/4's and a pioneer 50x4 deck. This sounds good no matter what type of music you are listening to. But I gotta tell you, nothing beats going down to the beach, with Opeth or Bloodbath or In Flames cranked, double kick drums shaking the car and driving by all the losers in Honda Civics with huge spoilers pumping Tu-Pac. My car is also branded with the Metallica stencil guy on the back window. I drive the ultimate metalmobile!:p

P.S. - deck settings

fader r1
bass 1
mid 2
high 2

killer sound!