T.bone ribbon mics

I was thinking of getting the 100 particularly, simply on looks!

Any other people got one? I seem to remember either Glenn or Ermz have talked about them in the past

Damian, their equivalents stateside are the Nady Ribbons you can find on Musicians Fiend, though I've heard about a lot of issues with slack ribbons, so you'd probably be better off with a Cascade Fathead/II

Are they only available in Europe? I can't find any for sale in the US.

t.bone is just a Thomann brand. They're manufactured in some random chinese location, just like Millenium products, etc. I guess they're better off selling shit with a name of some sort, instead of just selling nameless products.

edit. which is basically what Marcus already said

Yeah, "T.xxx" and "Harley Benton" are their house brands. All the products come from very different manufacturers so the quality differs from passable to great value with every shade in between.

In many cases you'll get a product that runs from the same lines as much more renowned brands.

yeah, all my experiences with Thomann house brands are pretty good. I have a great pair of Millenium monitor stands, a t.bone mic screen, t.bone headphones for the singer (they sound terrible, but they isolate very well.) and a Millenium headphone amp with 4 outs. They all do what they're supposed to.

I was completely against those in-house brands until I actually had to buy them due to financial restrictions. But they haven't let me down yet. I probably wouldn't buy instruments (although it's been reported some of those instruments are great for the price. Depends on which factory the product was made in, so without being able to know the product's origin, I'd say it's a bit risky) or any stands with no safety mechanisms.

I'm thinking of mixing it with a 57 with the 57 close in to capture the raw crunch and then using the ribbon further back to get a better feeling of the overall sound of the amp