T-Racks. Any feedback?

I would imagine most Sneap-sters chock T-Racks up there with Izotopes' Ozone. In other words...
T-Racks = Ozone = Phail

have to disagree with you, i have heard plenty of things done with ozone which sounded phenomenal, so no ozone does not in fact equal to "phail"

not so sure about the new t-racks, would also be interested in finding out everyones' opinion on it

A lot of people are digging the Pultec and Fairchild emulations. Others also dig the opto comp, classic EQ, and their linear phase EQ as well. It generally seems like an okay mastering bundle from what I hear. For my money I would invest in Flux plug-ins for the same purpose, but now that T-racks plugs can be individually instanced without the shell they can be pretty cool mix tools.

You can download the demo and give it a go yourself for 10 days. There's a summer special on the T-racks singles just now, buy 1 and get 2 free, plus another free if 500 more people buy before the end of August.

I like the clipper, metering, classic comp and opto comp. The multiband limiter is ok too. Not really tried the eq's tbh as I'm quite happy with the stock digi eq.

i tried t-racks many years ago, back then i liked it

now i´m mostly using ozone, and i think its really a great programm that sounds good (to me at least), why the bashing? any details on why its "crap"??

VOXENGO ELEPHANT > ALL

If we're talking loudness maximization anyway :D For anything else, I just use Reaper's stock plugins!

I would imagine most Sneap-sters chock T-Racks up there with Izotopes' Ozone. In other words...
T-Racks = Ozone = Phail

Totally disagree, and give us YOUR opinion rather than hearsay please.

I find both really useful, both have their strengths, I don't find either to have a weakness. Both are quite CPU hungry.
To generalize, Ozone is better for transparency, T-Racks is better when you need to add some color too.
Having everything you need in one plugin is GREAT IMO. obviously YMMV.

This video from Groove3 on mastering with T-RackS is great, good intro to mastering techniques even if you don't have T-RackS. Get a 30 day all access subscription and watch all the videos on the site for the best value.

T-Racks 3 is great. It's FAR better than the old versions, and personally I get on with it much more than I ever did with Ozone. Not sure I'd use it for anything really metal because like ^he^ said it's not very transparent, but it's colouration is nice and musical.

It does all-out volume pretty well too - I've got -7.5dBs RMS out of it without actually meaning to.

Steve

My bad. I've never read a single comment about either here and I figured they were lumped in with the ole BBE Sonic Maximizer lot. I have a buddy that swears by the BBE ( which I despise ) and the T-Racks and although I've used and liked the results of Ozone and T-Racks, the lack of mention anywhere led me to believe they were 'beginner' shit for noobs like myself.

FWIW - I had thought buy prefacing my statement with 'I would imagine...' would have implied the opinion.

tell joey sturgis that ozone is for beginners, his results are far far far from it

i personally love ozone, especially the harrmonic exiter

Yknow I just can't find a clipper that I'm happy with. I'm not really sold on any of the ITB mastering solutions. It's always more fun when I get something back from Plec that's been run through a chain of analogue gear, but then again i don't know... I'm certainly no mastering engineer. So far I'm still using the GSSL, Sonnox Limiter and GClip for leveling work, but I'm not really feelin' it. If I had some converters to clip on the way back in, that would be ideal. If every plug-in in my chain was doing what the GSSL did for the sound, I'd be happy. Outboard compression really rocks, so I could only imagine real limiting and real converter soft clipping to piss on Gclip.

Ozone is nice. I'm not a pro by any means, but I tried the demo, loved it, and got Ozone. Still running 3, tho.

I wouldn't say Ozone is for beginners, tho. It has TONS of options which I didn't understand at all when I first started fiddling with it. I don't understand what a lot of the stuff does still nowadays. T-Racks, I'd say, is more user-friendly.

T-Racks is a powerful package that has more color to it. Ozone is cleaner overall and in A/B comparisons Ozones maximizer gets more level cleaner than T-Racks. Ozone doesn't have any full band compression, which can be nice to have sometimes and the optical compressor in T-Racks is really good IMO but the 670 and Pultec didn't do much for me.

If I had to go with one I'd choose Ozone, also because of the dither which is awesome. You guys who say Ozone is for beginners... you should know that there are some great sounding "reference" albums out there that have Ozone all over them.

Like with everything... if you overuse, it will sound like shit anyway.

T-Racks = Ozone = Phail

You are joking right? Some of the biggest names in mastering have openly said that the limiter in Ozone is quite nice. Do you really speak for the rest of this community?

My bad. I've never read a single comment about either here and I figured they were lumped in with the ole BBE Sonic Maximizer lot. I have a buddy that swears by the BBE ( which I despise ) and the T-Racks and although I've used and liked the results of Ozone and T-Racks, the lack of mention anywhere led me to believe they were 'beginner' shit for noobs like myself.

FWIW - I had thought buy prefacing my statement with 'I would imagine...' would have implied the opinion.

How could the BBE Sonic Maximizer have be confused with Ozone or T-Racks? That be like saying that Gibson and Fender guitars suck because you don't like Ibanez, but you've never played or heard a Gibson or Fender. They're all guitars though so everything is equal, right?

I find both really useful, both have their strengths, I don't find either to have a weakness. Both are quite CPU hungry.
To generalize, Ozone is better for transparency, T-Racks is better when you need to add some color too.
Having everything you need in one plugin is GREAT IMO. obviously YMMV.

This video from Groove3 on mastering with T-RackS is great, good intro to mastering techniques even if you don't have T-RackS. Get a 30 day all access subscription and watch all the videos on the site for the best value.

Thank for the link! I'd love to see you review some of these videos on your site sometime, especially the Pro-Tools, Beat Detective, Auto-Tune and mastering videos.

T-Racks is a powerful package that has more color to it. Ozone is cleaner overall and in A/B comparisons Ozones maximizer gets more level cleaner than T-Racks. Ozone doesn't have any full band compression, which can be nice to have sometimes and the optical compressor in T-Racks is really good IMO but the 670 and Pultec didn't do much for me.

If I had to go with one I'd choose Ozone, also because of the dither which is awesome. You guys who say Ozone is for beginners... you should know that there are some great sounding "reference" albums out there that have Ozone all over them.

Like with everything... if you overuse, it will sound like shit anyway.

+1 I used to use the old T-Racks comp and limiter on bass guitar, and clipper on snare. Thought it sounded decent.
Are you the same Plec that runs The Panic Room? If so your a badass man:kickass: and you should post here more.