TAAKE Ink Deal With Dark Essence Records

Allure of the Earth

Temporary Psychotic State
Jul 4, 2004
According to a posting at the Dark Essence Records official website (www.darkessencerecords.no), Norway’s TAAKE have inked a deal with the label.

A posting at the site reads: “It's finally official! The cult black metal band, Taake, has signed to Dark Essence Records, and are currently recording their third album in Grieghallen Studio, which will be called Doedskvad.

Taake has two cult albums behind them on Wounded Love Records, called Nattestid... and ...Bjoergvin....

Doedskvad is the last installment in this trilogy. For more info, visit Taake’s webpage, http://www.taake.cjb.net

:headbang: :headbang:

*goes to put Nattestid on for the first time*

:erk: doesn't work in CD stereo!

*tries CD-Rom*

that works....

EDIT: On track #3 now - oh yeah, this is good. Very very good.

*listens to nattestid for the first time*

hm... well after these first 30 seconds it sounds a lot better than bjoergvin at least, never liked that "jumpy/happy" black metal offered on that one; it also felt all chopped up with those odd breaks thrown in at odd places (e.g. the horribly misplaced jew's harp in song nr two or perhaps three)

Stop saying "Cult"

And Taake IS INDEED probably the best Norwegian Black Metal act these days. Thats why Ancient Wind is carrying a ton of their crap. :p

edit - comment on the mouth harp in Part III... if there was ever something that didn't belong somewhere... it is definitely the mouth harp.

fotmbm said:
I don't mind using the word "cult" where it fits.

absolutely.. when its needed, its fine..

but " THE CULT BLACKMETAL BAND WITH 2 CULT ALBUMS " is a bit overkill

and Nattestid > Bjoverin

I remember laughing when I first heard that nerve wracking "boyyy-oyyyng" in the midst of what's otherwise a solid black metal track...one of the worst examples of using a nonconventional instrument for its own sake I can think of. Asfor them making a third album, sounds cult to me. :)

Ljå is pretty good. Haven't heard the split with Koldbrann yet, only their 2002 demo. You should check out the "Nekrotisk Inkvisition" record, I think it's one of the best Norwegian BM records released during the last couple of years. Be on the lookout for their upcoming split 7'' with Faustcoven too - Faustcoven is a brilliant but underrated raw black metal band.

Caelum Adustum said:
I knew I had heard this name before....(split with Ljå, another good band from Norge)

You'd do well getting that split, it's very very good

I will get Nekrotisk Inkvisation as soon as my recrod buying stop is over (in a month that is ;/ ), been planning to for almost a year now

spaffe said:
You'd do well getting that split, it's very very good

I will get Nekrotisk Inkvisation as soon as my recrod buying stop is over (in a month that is ;/ ), been planning to for almost a year now
Yes, I have the "Vedderbaug" cassette and it's very good, and judging from the MP3s I heard of "Nekrotisk Inkvisation" they sound great too.

I'll get the split and NI eventually, after the Arckanum/Svartsyn split of course :D