TAB Thread.

It's not, really.

Busses are EXTREMELY useful, especially if you have multiple mics on a single instrument, like drums, amp, piano, choir, etc. Say if you wanted to make all of the drums louder, instead of moving every single fader, you can group the tracks in a bus and control the overall level with just one fader. Or if you want to use a little reverb (or some other effect) on all the drums, instead of applying an individual plugin to each track and bogging down your processor, you can apply a single plugin to the bus.

Voila, busses are easy.:)

Makes sense.

i want to see how the intro is played cuz there's something that's bothering me.

What is it? Maybe I can help?

That'd be a really hard intro to pull off perfectly live...

well, i know you're the one who tabbed this out...but i was just thinking...you know how the lead goes like

E-----------------------------------
B--------------------------------
G-------------------------------
D--7-----8-----8---7---8---7---8--------------
A----6-6---6-6---6---6---6---6---6-------
E------------------------------------

etc.

don't you think maybe since the other guitar is already playing the

D-----------------------------
A-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6----------
E------------------------------------5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5------

etc.

that the lead perhaps doesn't play it? but instead just plays the notes that are most audible. so maybe the lead plays just this:

D--7-8-8-7-8-7-8----------------9-10-10-9-10-9-10---
A-----------------7-8-8-7-8-7-8--------
E----------------------------------

etc.

and the bass plays those other notes too....so i was thinking the lead might not even be playing those 6-6-6-6 and 5-5-5-5 and so on...what do you think?

Well that's possible yeah and it would sound pretty much the same if you recorded all 3 guitar parts with the drums and bass but to my ears, it sounds like the bass notes are being played too.

It's like I can hear the "lead" notes being cut off as soon as they've been played because of palm muting so then there's a nice clean sound without it all fuzzing together because it's 16th notes being played.

I wouldn't blame anyone if they left it out though because it's a very tricky little intro, especially since it's strict alternate picking.

Also, I think Alexi got the idea from "Technical Difficulties" by Racer X and Paul plays the "rhythm" and "lead" parts in that intro.

yeah, i remember you posting that technical difficulties connection with the sin trade on another thread. i had never thought of it till you mentioned it. you're right, very similar intros. i prefer alexi's version though. it just builds up this tension where you're waiting for those descending notes...and yeah, very cool intro.

but that's why i want to see alexi play this. cuz i've been trying to play this intro and it's freakin hard playing it with the 16th notes (especially at 100bpm). it'd be much simpler if it were just those melody notes. but knowing alexi, he probably is playing those 16th notes :erk:

Well yeah, if I'm having trouble, then someone that's been playing guitar for less than a year definitely will.

I wouldn't worry about learning things of this difficulty at this point in time tbh, maybe learn a few Bodom rhythms like Everytime I Die, or the rhythm parts to Bed of Razors, Downfall, Follow the Reaper. Or you could just learn The Sin Trade while only playing the "lead" notes. Don't worry about not being able to play those triplets at the end, it does take a lot of practise and most people that play stuff like that can't play that accurate.

i know....i should play some rhythm stuff, but i'm more interested in playing the melodies, which are the leads in most cases. i told myself i would stay away from bodom songs for a while, so i can build skill then attempt it...but it's not working. i can't stay away...

lol then there's not really much more for me to say except good luck I suppose. I know one of the guys here doesn't agree with me when I say you should build yourself up for a few years before tackling tricky leads but it's what I'd advise any beginner to do.

I was very lucky to tackle guitar playing in that manner and it'd be nice to see some other people progress as quick as I seemed to instead of trying to cover "For the Love of God", "Technical Difficulties", "Scarified" and "Surfing with the Alien" and "Kissing the Shadows" after only playing for 8 months. Youtube is my proof that that just does not work.

Anyway, I'm going to stop lecturing you on this, I need to go practise my Necrophagist riffs.

Well that's possible yeah and it would sound pretty much the same if you recorded all 3 guitar parts with the drums and bass but to my ears, it sounds like the bass notes are being played too.

It's like I can hear the "lead" notes being cut off as soon as they've been played because of palm muting so then there's a nice clean sound without it all fuzzing together because it's 16th notes being played.

I wouldn't blame anyone if they left it out though because it's a very tricky little intro, especially since it's strict alternate picking.

Also, I think Alexi got the idea from "Technical Difficulties" by Racer X and Paul plays the "rhythm" and "lead" parts in that intro.

That kind of "technique" is quite common, jari uses it alot in songs Like battle against time and winter madness. And it's not that hard either, i've gotten the main riff from technical difficulties up to full speed, if you don't count the triplet "fills" or whatever you call them.

I know one of the guys here doesn't agree with me when I say you should build yourself up for a few years before tackling tricky leads but it's what I'd advise any beginner to do.

haha, is that me? :erk:

hahahha. honestly, i agree with you. i just have a weakness for bodom. but that doesn't mean i can't build technique while i attempt bodom songs :D i promise i wont fuck up my technique by trying to learn their songs super fast (and yes, i know i contributed to that youtube population). in fact, i'm working on downfall and doing it really slow. i know going slow is the only way to actually build speed and sound correct. btw, i'm trying an in flames song right now, and i noticed i can play it with much more ease than i can play bodom songs. is that a good or bad thing? am i just deceiving myself?

In flames are alot easier than bodom, so that might be it. Warheart is pretty much right when it comes to not attempting difficult stuff, but aslong as you don't play it faster than you can handle, you can build up a good tecnique.

In flames are alot easier than bodom, so that might be it. Warheart is pretty much right when it comes to not attempting difficult stuff, but aslong as you don't play it faster than you can handle, you can build up a good tecnique.

Very true...i have done the sweeps really slow from the begining and sort of build my tecnique up...for 3 strings i play either ETID or TDE

That kind of "technique" is quite common, jari uses it alot in songs Like battle against time and winter madness. And it's not that hard either, i've gotten the main riff from technical difficulties up to full speed, if you don't count the triplet "fills" or whatever you call them.

haha, is that me? :erk:

Yeah I've recorded Battle Against Time I think, it's not that hard if you practise it but I don't so I suck at it. :lol:

hahahha. honestly, i agree with you. i just have a weakness for bodom. but that doesn't mean i can't build technique while i attempt bodom songs :D i promise i wont fuck up my technique by trying to learn their songs super fast (and yes, i know i contributed to that youtube population). in fact, i'm working on downfall and doing it really slow. i know going slow is the only way to actually build speed and sound correct. btw, i'm trying an in flames song right now, and i noticed i can play it with much more ease than i can play bodom songs. is that a good or bad thing? am i just deceiving myself?

Downfall is a good choice, the rhythm parts of that song are relatively easy compared to the rest. If you can play In Flames and you feel that it's easier than Bodom, then that's a good thing. Concentrate on that more.

but aslong as you don't play it faster than you can handle, you can build up a good tecnique.

Correct. I can't play at the same speed as Rusty Cooley but if I practise a RC song at a tempo that I can handle, then I'm doing good. If I pose in the mirror and attempt to play as fast as him and then record it, I'm a fag. :loco:

you mean the way your brother poses in the mirror :lol:
j/k

and yeah i have like half of this in flames song down. i should know all of it by next week hopefully, but then again finals are coming up. so we'll see. i'll record it when i'm done :)

you mean the way your brother poses in the mirror :lol:
j/k

and yeah i have like half of this in flames song down. i should know all of it by next week hopefully, but then again finals are coming up. so we'll see. i'll record it when i'm done :)

Yeah. :lol: ...:erk:

What was that thing that you said you wanted to play Written in Stone for??

I remember it was about 1/2 months ago and you asked for a decent tab but you never mentioned it after that. :confused:

Yeah. :lol: ...:erk:

What was that thing that you said you wanted to play Written in Stone for??

I remember it was about 1/2 months ago and you asked for a decent tab but you never mentioned it after that. :confused:

oh i played the first part of written in stone for my midterm (i'm taking this classical/commercial guitar class, but it really doesn't help with much so i've missed like half the classes). and after i played it, my guitar teacher asked me if i could play more of the song for the final and if i can play with this is other kid. and this other kid...(i think his name is Ashkan? he's really good. he's been playing for 5 years and every bodom song i name, he can play. he brings in his exact-alexi ESP in every day too. yeah, i'm jealous). so me and him are supposed to play Written in Stone for the final, but we haven't even decided who's playing what part yet. cuz that song has like 4 guitars in it, with the acoustic parts and all.

-[chop]-;5659679 said:
What In Flames song is it?

Biosphere. It's on Subterranean, with the old singer. awesome song.