TAB Thread.

I couldn't agree more.

Same here. I think that if you have any kind of knowledge about theory and know the scales etc. that Alexi uses, it's pretty easy to tab a COB (or almost any other) song without even touching the guitar. IMO.

your sixpounder tab is good

I was going to tab it but I haven't bothered yet, maybe sometime in the future.
I'm serious. I bet 90% of the people that ask for tabs don't even think about trying to even work out 1 chord in the song they want. I really don't have a problem with transcribing stuff but some stuff that people ask for is ridiculously easy ("acoustic hate me for example...).

Well this is the best place for Bodom tabs, no fucking doubt about that. I don't mean to sound big headed but I know most of the Bodom/Alexi stuff I transcribe is near 100% accurate, I've spent 5 years constantly developing my ear my playing every single day and transcribing without even realising so for me, Bodom stuff is easy as fuck. I'm sure most of the regulars here will tell you that there's a lot of stuff in that first post that isn't anywhere else on the net, unless someone has posted one elsewhere without giving me credit at all.

"See" you guys (and gal) soon.

why thank you sir (for differentiating), you are too kind. and yeah, i'm slowly getting the hang of tabbing stuff out. but i gotta say, it's painstaking at first :erk:

if you want shit prepare for more you said?

:lol:

why thank you sir (for differentiating), you are too kind. and yeah, i'm slowly getting the hang of tabbing stuff out. but i gotta say, it's painstaking at first :erk:

No problem, you're definitely one of the most active members of this thread so I should be sure to mention you when addressing you all.

I can't slow down that Downfall intro just yet because I'm actually on my old computer which I just reformatted so there's literally nothing on it but when my other one is up and running again, I'll do it ASAP when I remember.

I started off working out Papa Roach and Linkin Park albums so it was a gradual process in terms of material difficulty so by the time I started on Bodom, I had already had 4 years of experience.

It might be a good "exercise" for anyone that's looking into getting better at it to just download some basic drop D bands and tab out a bunch of riffs. Like tab a GreenDay album or something, that'd take around a week, if not less.

lol, yeah this thread has now become my main reason for coming on this forum. we've done some fun stuff, like that kylahullut backing track. and this thread is so helpful cuz everyone is willing to answer questions and share ideas.

but yeah...i can try simple bands i guess, although i'm not really fond of linkin park anymore, maybe i'll try the yeah yeah yeahs or the strokes...or the white stripes! haha, jack white's songs sound super easy. and i love how they're simple, yet sound good. reminds me of inflame's way of writing. simple, yet seductive....or something like that...

For some people it's just a matter of learning guitar pro, because it can be quite tricky, but others have a real shitty pitch, so it's quite impossible to tab out stuff when it gets to more complicated stuff.

Mystique1721 said:
lol, yeah this thread has now become my main reason for coming on this forum. we've done some fun stuff, like that kylahullut backing track. and this thread is so helpful cuz everyone is willing to answer questions and share ideas.

but yeah...i can try simple bands i guess, although i'm not really fond of linkin park anymore, maybe i'll try the yeah yeah yeahs or the strokes...or the white stripes! haha, jack white's songs sound super easy. and i love how they're simple, yet sound good. reminds me of inflame's way of writing. simple, yet seductive....or something like that...
It's a great thread. :D Definitely went further than I ever thought it would.

The white stripes is a good idea yeah. I suggested Linkin Park because it's all pretty much just powerchords. There might be bands that use alot of full open chords with unusual voicings and whatnot which would be hard to get perfect so try and find something that really is simple.

No, I didn't. If you have nothing constructive to add to this thread, then don't bother posting in it, thanks.

Just incase anyone cares:

In Your Face live @ Wacken 2006

my god they play the song so fast on that video.

i started finding songs by ear with some simple metallica songs (but not the solos, generally), it went very well and now i try to learn most bodom songs by ear and im not so bad. i just dont tab it because i dont want to find out the drums and the bass and the keyboards.