TAB Thread.

I found it easy tbh, nothing tricky in it.

I just looked at a Highway Star tab and I'd be able to play it, it's just a basic rock song really.

Stairway to Heaven is fun and easy to play. I learnt the entire thing from a Total Guitar mag when I'd been playing about a year and a half I think.

Yeah, I think when I had also been playing that long I tried to learn it. Its not that hard of a song, but I pretty much stopped listening to them, so I probably wouldnt learn it again.

^Ohh, thank you... :oops: ...but I'd say that song is hawt! :)

<-Warheart-> said:
I found it easy tbh, nothing tricky in it.

I just looked at a Highway Star tab and I'd be able to play it, it's just a basic rock song really.
Well, this is a good thing! But then... is there anything which is difficult for you, Mitch? Lucky, you're so good... :)

&#9532;Victim of the Night&#9532;;5691751 said:
^Ohh, thank you... :oops: ...but I'd say that song is hawt! :)

Well, this is a good thing! But then... is there anything which is difficult for you, Mitch? Lucky, you're so good... :)

lol Fetzer got it right.

The music written by the band Racer X is stupidly difficult. It's even harder to actually make it sound good.

Also, Yngwie Malmsteen, Jason Becker/Cacophony's material too but I'm getting there. I plan on re-learning a whole bunch of Cacophony melodies/solos/harmonies and arranging a big medley and recording them all in one instead of just having like 7 or 8 little 20 second clips. Should be fun.

lol Fetzer got it right.
I plan on re-learning a whole bunch of Cacophony melodies/solos/harmonies and arranging a big medley and recording them all in one instead of just having like 7 or 8 little 20 second clips. Should be fun.
Yes, it would be really fun! Aaaand... will you put everything on your soundclick page too?
I'll go there to take a look, sometimes... so I'll control the situation! :saint:

lol Fetzer got it right.

The music written by the band Racer X is stupidly difficult. It's even harder to actually make it sound good.

Also, Yngwie Malmsteen, Jason Becker/Cacophony's material too but I'm getting there. I plan on re-learning a whole bunch of Cacophony melodies/solos/harmonies and arranging a big medley and recording them all in one instead of just having like 7 or 8 little 20 second clips. Should be fun.

Some random information Mitch...
I found out that my guitar teacher's teacher was friends with Paul Gilbert, and I also found out that for 2 of the albums the bassist recorded with a Squier bass, which is really weird, being the tone he got out of it.

Yeah it's weird that they recorded with different instruments that what they played live with. PG recorded Street Lethal with a strat.

It's cool that your teacher's teacher knew him.

I think he asked if the bass tone is more equipment-based rather than instrument based, unlike guitars, where pickups and stuff affect more on the sound.

no, for the bass it's basically the same as guitar. the pick ups matter a lot (like a humbucker will definitely give you a good sound). and weight of the bass also matters. so the tone depends a lot on the bass itself, not just the equipment.

G'day, this has probably been posted before and I have missed it but, does anyone know the lick that is played at about 00:19 on Silent Night, Bodom Night on Chaos Ridden Years CD?

G'day, this has probably been posted before and I have missed it but, does anyone know the lick that is played at about 00:19 on Silent Night, Bodom Night on Chaos Ridden Years CD?

I'll have a look at it later.

^ That, and the way he ends up the song live.

E-20-19-17 (x2), B-20-19-17 (x2), G-19-17-16 (x2), D-19-17-16 (x2)

e-15h19h24
b-17
g-16
d-17
a-19
e-

Simple.