TAB Thread.

Does anybody have a nice metal christmas song? :lol: I mean something like Jingle bells or like this in metal/hardrock version. Thanks. :)

Does someone lnow if there exist a Towards dead end gp tab as they play it live?
(with Alexi switching from chords to licks, the main melody on the first E string and so on?)

hey i was wondering what alexi does in the downfall version of the nosturi concert....right after the second time he plays the intro riff..he putts in this rhythm riff right before ending that one..any ideas what that is? iv been trying to get a good look but you tube quality sucks...something around the 5th fret..heres the link...the riff he pays at 2:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OI31HOxqX4&feature=related

um are you sure...the motley crue one is the one that roope plays on CRY...alexi plays something else which is actually the one that sounds like what he plays on the downfall at nosturi

Alrighty. I'll try to explain this the best I can. Hope you'll get the idea. :)

CREATING BACKING TRACKS WITH FRUITY LOOPS

1. Open Guitar Pro -> Open the file you wish to make a backing track from -> Convert the GP file to midi and save it to your hard drive.

2. Go to HammerSound, and download some soundfonts (drumkit, bass, keyboard etc.).

Soundfonts should be saved somewhere in the root of the Fruity Loops so you can use them when you open Fruity Loops. Here's a screenshot of how I've saved them and where: CLICK!
I believe that the 'Soundfonts' directory is created when you install the program (FL). I made sub-directories to all the different instruments so it's easier to find them when you're in Fruity Loops.

3. Next you open up Fruity Loops -> Import the midi file you made earlier. Like this: CLICK!

4. Now you have the midi file imported to Fruity Loops. Should look something like this: CLICK! There's all the tracks just like in GP. Now you need to drag the soundfonts on the right tracks. Like this: CLICK!

5. Now, saving track by track in wav format. It's not necessary to save track by track but I like to do it so I can modify all the different instruments in Adobe Audition later.

So, basically you just turn off the tracks you don't want in the wav file, like: CLICK! Here I've turned off all the other tracks except the drum track (see the red rectangle). And next you'll go to File -> Export -> Wave file... and save the file. Do this to all the tracks and you'll have every instrument separately in wave format.

I think you could just drag the soundfonts on the tracks, leave all the tracks on, export it to mp3 and that would be it but I've never been happy to the sound at that point so I modify the dynamics and add some reverb etc. in Audition to make all the instruments sound a bit more realistic.

Hmm.. that's about it, I guess. Feel free to ask if something doesn't make sense or otherwise doesn't work. :D

And, this is just the way I do it. I bet there are tons of other ways to do this and this is just one of them.

i have a few questions about this

1 how do i get a accoustic guitar that starts first and than goes into electric ? like Sinergy-Laid to rest ?

2 Where can i get the Guitar Sound Front that is used in the COB Backing Tracks that is download able in the first post?