TAB Thread.

I've been giving the tapping thing at the beggining a go, but I suck at tabbing so I've not managed to tab what I have got so far, :lol: I'm trying though, if I end up with something that is not a real mess I'll upload it asap. BTW, great ETID cover.

play those notes with your whammy bar...

-15-12-15-12---------------------------------------------------------
--------------15-12-15-12--------------------------------------------
---------------------------14-12-14-12-------------------------------
----------------------------------------14-12-----12---------------
-----------------------------------------------14--------------
-------------------------------------------------------------

...or sth. like this..its pretty simple :)

..oh..I forgot...it's D tuning
Isnt that the pentatonic minor scale? If im correct?

Yep, you are. Well, it can be given two names: D major or F minor pentatonic, depending on which note you want to be the one that gives the name to the scale. I mean, if the book I have hasn't been written by a dumbass, when you get a pentatonic, it can be two scales: if you get the note you play with your 1st finger on the lower E string as the dominant, you get a major pentatonic of the note you have there, but if you get the note played with the 4th finger in the lower E string as the dominant, you get a minor pentatonic of the note you have there. That's what the book I have says. Dunno if it's right or not, I usually name the pentatonics just with the name of the first note I play, and so far it's worked ok when playing with other people with other instruments. Anyway, I know must improve my theoretical knowledge if I want to be able to play whatever I want with people playing other instruments and other styles, but I need time for that, loads of time, :lol:

Oh, and BTW, corrections and all that more than welcome, everything helps to develop.

ah, sorry for the notes FastBodom... it's

Speed: 145 D-Tuning

trill all notes with your whammy
------------------------------------------------------------
----20-17-20-17--------------------------------------------
-----------------19-16-19-16-14-------14------------5 (N.H.+trill)
-----------------------------------17------12(slide down)--

Yep, you are. Well, it can be given two names: D major or F minor pentatonic, depending on which note you want to be the one that gives the name to the scale. I mean, if the book I have hasn't been written by a dumbass, when you get a pentatonic, it can be two scales: if you get the note you play with your 1st finger on the lower E string as the dominant, you get a major pentatonic of the note you have there, but if you get the note played with the 4th finger in the lower E string as the dominant, you get a minor pentatonic of the note you have there. That's what the book I have says. Dunno if it's right or not, I usually name the pentatonics just with the name of the first note I play, and so far it's worked ok when playing with other people with other instruments. Anyway, I know must improve my theoretical knowledge if I want to be able to play whatever I want with people playing other instruments and other styles, but I need time for that, loads of time, :lol:

Oh, and BTW, corrections and all that more than welcome, everything helps to develop.

sort of.

i think we need to backtrack a bit first. the natural minor scale is also a mode of the major scale really, the 6th (Aeolian) to be exact.

it's the same way you determine which mode you're playing in. without getting too into the concept of tonal centers, a lot of times you can look to the backing chords to figure out where the music is centering around. in other words, you don't have to start the lick on the root note etc. if i'm playing C major over a D minor, I'm going to call it dorian because the Dmin, being second chord of a Cmaj diatonic ascending triadic progression, kind of makes the D note feel like "home." the music centers around that D, even if i'm playing a lick that starts on a C.

Thanks both Arcane-Bodom and shredtastical. And BTW, I know how to trill, but is there any way to avoid all the other strings sounding when you let the whammy bar go? I've tried many times, and I do get the sound of trilling the note I want, but with that one come 5 extra notes from the other strings that piss me off. Is there any way of avoiding it, is just a matter of practice or what?

Also I've noticed that if I don't have the whammy bar screw tightened (so the bar won't move nor rotate if I don't touch it) it also ads an irritating noise because of this, so my question goes: I'm used to the Edge tremolo of my RG (where I could left the whammy bar loosened enough for it to rotate free and go out of the way withouth me pushing it when I don't need), but with the Floyd as I've comented I need to tighten it in order to avoid that sound, so is it just my Floyd or all Floyds need to have the bar screw tightened(the bar will stay where you leave it, even if it's parallel to the ground)? I have an OFR, so I supose that is not a mater of quality.

Ok, either you got it wrong or I just didn't get what you mean.

But if you have a normal F-Min Pentatonic, the notes are:
F Ab Bb C Eb

Fmin is the VI. step of Abmaj, so they have the same notes:
Ab Bb C Db Eb F G

So all in all: The Fmin Pentatonic with it's root note (F) on the low E-string can be played like this:

--------------1--3--
--------1--3-------- etc.
--1--4--------------

that's the same as the Abmaj pentatonic, but notice that the root note (Ab) lies at the 4th fret on the low E-string.

If you want to play a maj Pentatonic: Take it's VI. step as the root and play all your min fingerings with this root.

------------

In the case above, the Emin Pentatonic is played descending. The other name for it is Gmaj. Or if you want to put it in D-Tuning: Dmin/Fmaj

But if you have another point of view: please tell me! Theory is fun!

SuomenYnkkä;6885923 said:
Can someone tab for me 0:24 ---> part. till the next stop.? thanks.

Woohoo! First post!

mentioning a song might help.

so would please.

and so would you attempting it first instead of DOITKTHNXBAI.

and wtf does "next stop" mean? :lol:

ah, sorry for the notes FastBodom... it's

Speed: 145 D-Tuning

trill all notes with your whammy
----20-17-20-17--------------------------------------------
-----------------19-16-19-16-14-------14------------5 (N.H.+trill)
-----------------------------------17------12(slide down)--

Ahh thanks mate :D:D:D

Ok, either you got it wrong or I just didn't get what you mean.

But if you have a normal F-Min Pentatonic, the notes are:
F Ab Bb C Eb

Fmin is the VI. step of Abmaj, so they have the same notes:
Ab Bb C Db Eb F G

So all in all: The Fmin Pentatonic with it's root note (F) on the low E-string can be played like this:

--------------1--3--
--------1--3-------- etc.
--1--4--------------

that's the same as the Abmaj pentatonic, but notice that the root note (Ab) lies at the 4th fret on the low E-string.

If you want to play a maj Pentatonic: Take it's VI. step as the root and play all your min fingerings with this root.

------------

In the case above, the Emin Pentatonic is played descending. The other name for it is Gmaj. Or if you want to put it in D-Tuning: Dmin/Fmaj

But if you have another point of view: please tell me! Theory is fun!

If I haven't got you wrong we're saying the same. What I said is that (taking the Fmin and Abmaj you mention) that in the same position you have like two pentatonics depending the root you get. If you get the 4th fret low E string(Ab) you have an Abmaj pentatonic, but if you get as root 1st fret low E string (F) you get an Fmin pentatonic.

Sure it's fun, my only problem is that my knowledge is really short, so I have to work a lot to get things down theory-wise, :lol:

If I haven't got you wrong we're saying the same. What I said is that (taking the Fmin and Abmaj you mention) that in the same position you have like two pentatonics depending the root you get. If you get the 4th fret low E string(Ab) you have an Abmaj pentatonic, but if you get as root 1st fret low E string (F) you get an Fmin pentatonic.

Exactly, I think I just didnÄt understand your point and why you mentioned the dominant...

'Sup fuckers. Long time no see 'n' shit but I'm back, fucking finally!!

Man, I have a shit load of tabs to show everyone, I've been busy with no internet. I'll post later, I'm still getting over the fact that I actually have the net back.

'Sup fuckers. Long time no see 'n' shit but I'm back, fucking finally!!

Man, I have a shit load of tabs to show everyone, I've been busy with no internet. I'll post later, I'm still getting over the fact that I actually have the net back.

Whooo! Finally!! :kickass:

Great to have you back d00d!