TAB Thread.

I have a question about Guitar Pro. I'm doing a tab of my own song and the file somehow got fucked up. I think I have somehow (no idea how) accidentally added some midi controller events so there's like 100 or so modulations and/or pitch bends on a row each lasting like a millisecond and they are making the playback lag and skip some parts. :D Is there a way I could erase all unnecessary controller events as I only want to have the basic notes in there at this point? I suck with GP as I mainly use it just to view tabs and not usually make them.

^
:guh:

Sodele...

I'm ready with Shovel Knockout now. Not sure if the notes during the verse are 100% and I also don't know if the harmonie parts during the chorus are the right ones (if their's any harmonie...) but it sounds cool. Did also some small corrections on drums.

Children Of Bodom - 02 - Shovel Knockout

Edit:

The notes during the NMF verse should be correct in my tab. Watch this [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHvtw1ZSeT8&feature=related[/ame]

Change RRF Color.. It's not close to gray i suggest : Relentless Reckless Forever
E:
Or this
Relentless Reckless Forever

They once used the olive color but switched back for gray because people didn't like it. (I guess)

I'm ready with Shovel Knockout now. Not sure if the notes during the verse are 100% and I also don't know if the harmonie parts during the chorus are the right ones (if their's any harmonie...) but it sounds cool. Did also some small corrections on drums.

Children Of Bodom - 02 - Shovel Knockout

NOOOOO I just printed the old tab before seeing this one -.- damn

Sure it was....that's why they included a print function.

I print all my tabs....I HATE sitting in front of my computer to play guitar. I make all my own little 3 ring binder tab books at home with tabs seperating each song or album.

Shovel Knockout Gtr III Bar 69, I think Laiho plays that on one string and plays the C# at 18th fret.

And I've gotta edit drums again to 40 snare and add dynamics on hi hats ahhh!!

Also Not My Funeral, bar 4, I play the first A note on open A and I can play it as fast as the cd easily, if I play it on the 5th fret it makes it impossible to make a smooth change to the C note on the 8th fret.

zezikaro I saw that video about 4 years ago I think but I just have no motivation for Arsis anymore! Message him and see if he's written it down.

Have you tried to play this on one string? For me it's much easier to hit the 13th fret then slide up to the 17th. And why the fuck do you always want the 40 instead of 38? :lol: If any of us wants to make a BT we always have to change it back to 38!

Not my funeral thing is just a little finger work. It's really easy if you know which finger you have to use.
This is how I play it:

10 (p) 6 (ff) 0 (open) 7(mf) 5 (ff) 7(rf) 8(p) 6(ff). So the important thing is to use the ring finger for the A note that I can do a fast change to the C with my pinky.

That makes sense, I never thought to play C with pinky finger tbh.

And I'm pretty sure I saw Alexi do it on one string, I'll see if I can find the video where it shows it. I can't play it changing strings.

40 sounds better in GP4 and I care about drums as much as we all care about guitars so I want them to sound good instead of shitty like every tab on Ultimate Guitar using 38 and no dynamics.

oh when i see this video i can confirm on chorus a little error on the tab Not my Funeral

bar69

letring----------
----------10-------
--12--14------14---
-------------------
-------------------
-------------------
-------------------

Tab in first post has been UPDATED with the different chorus note and the pre-solo riff in C, whatever you want to call that bit. Haven't done all of it (Roope's part) but main bits here and there. I will crack on with rest of the tabs sometime early next week, will check back Sunday afternoon here.

I'm sure there will be another 10 SK corrections from 5 different people. :lol:

This is how I have been playing the verse riff for about a week now, I find it easiest this way:

Code:
C|-------------------------------------------------------|
G|-------------------------------------------------------|
C|-12-14-15-0-10-12-0-0-0-0-12-12-10-10-13-13-|

Then

C|--------------------------------------------------------|
G|------------8-7----------------------------------------|
C|-7-10-8-7--------8-8-8-8-5-5-7-7-3-3----------------|

Repeat first bar, then this shape:

C|-----8-7-----------------12--10--9--------------|
G|----------10-7-8-7-8-5---10--8---7--------------|
C|-8--------------------------------------------------|

Does the code show up okay?

Hmm in NMF you see how Alexi slides in the Refrain to the 14th fret and don't bend it up.
these 10-12-10-12-/14 Part. But i don't get the Part before thisone. Does he bend the One string and play the other one too?

You are a legend, thank you very much!

I don't know how you did it so fast, but many thanks! :Spin:

Haha no worries. Took about 15 mins. I learnt it too and there's loads of hammer ons from nowhere so I'm not used to that, especially the f major and a major arpeggios in the 4th bar I think it was? He only picks the first note, pulls off to second and just taps the rest with his left hand, I could only get it to 150bpm!!