TAB Thread.

Good call, never heard that before!

I think playing the way it's tabbed makes more "sense" because it's the same shape as the version an octave higher but you never know they could play it on the open string.

Yeah, you're both right. About this open string thing... I often thought that it would be easier to play the open string instead of the note on 5th fret but I guess in COTN it is the same pattern the octave has.

@ El Palto: which is your latest version?

Mitch sir, did you give up with the Arsis thread? It's been a long long time since guitardojo went down and was replaced with masterchief.org :p

Just wondering if you'll ever be free to switch the links around on the arsis thread ^_^

Edit :: Just looking for the overthrown song

I swear the verse riff for shovel knockout is played on 12-14-15-0-10-12-..... I was watching a live version of it and saw Alexi playing it on those frets. Maybe that's why he can play it so fast, as it's easier to play.

Ok, will check it out later...

This Shovel Knockout verse riff is a beast! At first I had:

--------------6-8-7
-------8-10-6------8

then

--------------- 8-7
-------7-8-10-6-----8

then

----------------8-7
-------7-10-0-0-----8

then

--------------6-8-7
-------8-10-7------8

and the last one I came up with was the in the tab.

I'm trying to figure it out right now haha.

So far I have....

C----------------------------12-10-13-|-------------------------6-5-3-|
G----------------------------12-10-13-|-------------8-7---------6-5-3-|
C-12-14-15-0-10-12-0-0-0-0-12-10-13-|-10-12-7-10-----8-8-8-8-6-5-3-|

Play the first bar again then...

F---3-2-0-----------12-10-9-|
C---------2-3-2-3-0-12-10-9-|
G-1------------------10-8--7-|

That seems like a lot of left hand movement going from 3 fret and open string to 10th fret....also your last 3 chords are standard power chords where the ones above it are drop tunning power chords...is that correct?

I do think playing it on Low C is easier than playing it on the G string...that last part(right before last 3 power chords) just seems like it would be easier to play 1 position up the neck though...or instead of playing the power chords on the G string move them down to the C & F string......don't have guitar at work so hard to really tell right now.

Look at the tuning letters on the left... the chords that are 10 and 12 etc, you don't play that on C.. it's on G. All of that is what Alexi seems to play on the live version, so blame him for the crazy positions :p

Mitch sir, did you give up with the Arsis thread? It's been a long long time since guitardojo went down and was replaced with masterchief.org :p

Just wondering if you'll ever be free to switch the links around on the arsis thread ^_^

Edit :: Just looking for the overthrown song

I can't seem to get into the server anymore and the guy who pays for it hasn't replied to my PM's where I contact him.

My overthrown tab is just the intro and has bars missing, it's not even worth it tbh! I'll see if I can find one.

Try this:
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/a/arsis/overthrown_guitar_pro.htm

You can easily tell it's 12th fret area instead of 5th fret for first bar and then you can see him go down to the 1st fret in the 4th bar, easy.

I can't seem to get into the server anymore and the guy who pays for it hasn't replied to my PM's where I contact him.

My overthrown tab is just the intro and has bars missing, it's not even worth it tbh! I'll see if I can find one.

Try this:
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/a/arsis/overthrown_guitar_pro.htm

Hm, that seems slightly better at parts for what i've been using currently! But it just doesn't sound right at parts, and I know for a fact that bar 4 is wrong (fingering wise at least).

I found this video a while ago of ryan knight himself playing it here

The link could be useful for fixing your tab at least :)

(I guess i'll just try my best to learn bits from both, thanks)

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked over SK again... For the guitars I used the finger positions which mentioned above. I also corrected keys and added the missing harmony part in the key solo. I used El Paltas drums this time but I'm looking over them again and will also look again at some guitar parts now.

One thing... It's hard to hear and I'm not really sure but in bars 118/119 I think Alexi doubles Jannes solo. So 2 harmonies coming from keys and one guitar. It's hard to say but in this part the key sound is extrem sharp (right side) where I think it can only come from a guitar? After and before this the keys have their normal sawtooth sound again...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2960894/Tabs/Shovel Knockout.gp4

Change RRF Color.. It's not close to gray i suggest : Relentless Reckless Forever
E:
Or this
Relentless Reckless Forever