TAB Thread.

Yes, you're right about the technicality and harmonic aspects of the old songs. The new songs more technical but the parts that are demanding aren't difficult just for the sake of being difficult.

In the old stuff I find there are sometimes just sweeps and generic scale runs just because, well, "you can do them, so why shouldn't you play them?" - if that makes sense. That's what I was getting at with the poorly worded expression "technique based".

And in the new songs the solos , fast runs, sweeps are IMO much more creative than they ever been.

New songs are way more technical than older songs. RRF is there most technical album yet followed by HOB. Older stuff is pretty simple but more harmonic. I'm not a big fan of that guitar wanking shit - like the KTS solos or as you said - the complete TDE song. That's not really what I like at old Bodom. On the other side I love Sinergy. Every Sinergy song is guitar wanking at it's best. Even there first album is more technical than RRF.

Totally agree....RRF & HOB are the most technically challenging albums to play on guitar, but they do sometimes sound easy.

Sinergy....I'm going to have to give them another chance after listening to your last cover....I was really digging the guitars on that song.Oddly enough it reminded me of some Paul Gilbert stuff.

I have to admit that my taste in music is like ''The more harmony and details the better''. Thats probably why I like Wintersun, Equilibrium and other bands like that so much.

Yes, you're right about the technicality and harmonic aspects of the old songs. The new songs more technical but the parts that are demanding aren't difficult just for the sake of being difficult.

In the old stuff I find there are sometimes just sweeps and generic scale runs just because, well, "you can do them, so why shouldn't you play them?" - if that makes sense. That's what I was getting at with the poorly worded expression "technique based".

And in the new songs the solos , fast runs, sweeps are IMO much more creative than they ever been.

You are exactly right. Old stuff just has lots of runs and sweeps, but the newer stuff is much more creative.

Also one thing I really miss in new records is the use of harmonic minor. Alexi hasn't used harmonic minor since Kissing the shadows if my memory serves me right.

Also one thing I really miss in new records is the use of harmonic minor. Alexi hasn't used harmonic minor since Kissing the shadows if my memory serves me right.

isn't that song mainly in natural minor, there are key changes everywhere but I mostly heard the aeolian vibe still, would you point out a spot where you hear the scale? I do not claim to be right, my ear is definitely not the best, but Im still curious

isn't that song mainly in natural minor, there are key changes everywhere but I mostly heard the aeolian vibe still, would you point out a spot where you hear the scale? I do not claim to be right, my ear is definitely not the best, but Im still curious

It's true that the song is mainly in A natural minor, but I think it's the last song he used harmonic minor at all. Verse starting at 1:05 has harmonic minor and also some parts in solo's.

Not sure if irony but sure I do - that's where I get the message.

You get the message from GP? Which version do you use? Those tabs are normal gp5 files, so you shouldn't have any problems to open them unless you don't use GP3 or older. It's the same file as the tabs on first page or on ultimate guitar and the same file format I usually post here for years

Tabs from the first page work fine, just checked, I'm sitting on the 5.2 version.

I tried some 10 tabs picked randomly, none seemed to work. Apparently good old "reboot and try again" helped, the tabs open just normally today :loco: Whatever, my pc herped, the tabs are ok, thanks again!