TAB Thread.

If anyone wants it I've corrected the downfall solo using different tabs/lessons and by ear and also fixed the finger positions to make it easier to play. You can find it here. Been meaning to record a cover of it but haven't had the time lately. I think it's almost spot on apart from maybe a rhythm and bass bar which didn't sound right to me from the other tabs but I tabbed it out quickly so not sure.

The tab on first page is old. See my sig for a new version. Besides that, your tab sounds good. But the finger positions aren't correct and for an advanced player, it makes no difference where to play it. Maybe it's easier for some people, but I make tabs based on how Alexi and Roope play a song and not how to play it easier. Sure, I would also play a lot of things in a different way (what I already did a few times in my cover) but then it's not like it's upposed to play ;)

The tab on first page is old. See my sig for a new version. Besides that, your tab sounds good. But the finger positions aren't correct and for an advanced player, it makes no difference where to play it. Maybe it's easier for some people, but I make tabs based on how Alexi and Roope play a song and not how to play it easier. Sure, I would also play a lot of things in a different way (what I already did a few times in my cover) but then it's not like it's upposed to play ;)

Are you sure? Because the live videos I've seen they tend to play it the way I corrected it I think. Besides I'm basing it off the studio version. I am an advanced player by the way and it just seems stupid in my opinion to try and make something more difficult than it is to try and prove what I can do when the notes are the same- especially if your not a bedroom player and have to play it live- that's why I changed the finger positions. Either way- why would it matter exactly how they play it? Obviously now-days they change some stuff up and play it differently anyways live.

In your tab, in bar 7 for example, Alexi is playing those licks all beginning at the high e string (you can see it in Wacken 2010, Bloodstock 2014,...) and it's hearable if someone is starting a lick at the high e string or at the b string. And it doesn't make much sense to change the finger position for such a common pattern. Anyways, Alexi always play his stuff in different ways, so it's hard to tell which one is correct or not. But I will look at it again later.

Edit: I checked the tab again. The notes are correct now and this is how Alexi plays it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcv8pdjqt7a1ed3/Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder - 09 - Downfall.gp5?dl=0

Well, he's doing it for a long time now and he's using the same pattern/technique in Sinergy for ages (like in I Spit On Your Grave, The Sin Trade, The Warrior Princess, etc...)

Of course it doesn't matter, but that's not the aim for a correct tab. ;)

Oh, or just look at the Sixpounder solos, Next In Line, LBRH and so on... he's using string jumps really often.

Does noone got the tabs for "zero tollerance" ? Please, could somone tab Zero Tollerance by Impaled Nazarene, it was featured by Alexi.

IF your up for a quick project Arcane I'd love to see the intro riff of COB's cover of "Party all the time"

That riff is fucking awesome!

Anyone have that shovel knockout backing track someone posted here a while ago when RRF was released? It was a lot better than the one for download right now.

Could anyone tab out Santa Cruz - Shred till' you drop? Especially the sweep-taps at 2.33! I would be very happy, never been able to find a lesson on sweep-taps like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could anyone tab out Santa Cruz - Shred till' you drop? Especially the sweep-taps at 2.33! I would be very happy, never been able to find a lesson on sweep-taps like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4pGfTQx_hg

doesnt seem to hard imo its just taps done during a sweep

this is the first one i think judging from the video

pls do not pin me down on tempo and note size..just look at frets

HfZAO1e.png

if u can sweep alot, i do it everyday while palying bodom songs, and u are a little good a it the taps shouldnt be to hard to pull off

Thanks man! I can sweep fairly well but it's too fast for me to figure out where he does the tap on the way back again. I have tried to figure it out myself but I don't get it to sound right. Mind tabing the rest of them too? :)

Thanks man! I can sweep fairly well but it's too fast for me to figure out where he does the tap on the way back again. I have tried to figure it out myself but I don't get it to sound right. Mind tabing the rest of them too? :)

all did was play it voer and over again those 2 seconds to see what he did note by note... if its right idk yet

Yes, a# would be logical but even if I listen to the unequalized studio version over and over again, it's definitely B what I hear. Even if it's sounds wrong and in the wrong key (which isn't the first time for Roope and Alexi. they did I often in other songs but it's the first time I hear it in Sinergy).
So there a 3 different possibilities:

1) I'm totally deaf
2) I'm right
3) The guy who's playing the right guitar's doing a really hard pressure on the strings while playing that part. In YBOD bridge it also sounds like a bit as if they were palying an F instead of an E because of an really hard palm muting.

Hi there again!

Can someone please tab me the intro of Merciless' Unbound? I'm so rookie hearing out notes...:erk:

Last edited by a moderator: