TAB Thread.

It's the standard one. I just downloaded that program that you mentioned...downloaded Reaper...played a track...loaded the impulse file thing and chose something "5", instead of the default "6".

hey warheart can you tab out this part in the live version of lake bodom like in the ending interlude part, that lil solo he does, thats not that important but after that uno he comes back to the riff in a very lead type lick of the standard version, its from the seoul version heres the vid link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9NdhSbtTDc

the part from 3:47-3:55 , the part right after the solo and if u can the solo too

bump :erk:

All requests are to be backed up by an attempt.

But since I know it, it's something like:

e---------8h12p8-------8h12h17p12-----15p10h12h13h15p13p12p10-
b-------10-------10--10------------10------------------------------
g------9------------9-----------------------------------------------
d----10-------------------------------------------------------------
a-12----------------------------------------------------------------
e--------------------------------------------------------------------

The next bit can be found here:
http://terrofleury.free.fr/tabs/Children of Bodom - Lake Bodom interlude live Tokyo Warhearts.gp4

any live version. like tuska for example, or stockholm chaos one. the main difference is in the solo. alexi never plays the solo same way as on album.

I asked warheart if my version here of the live one is good, he never responded but it seems okay to me.

A bunch of the other parts are from the live version too.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/f33bub

check it out, I tried to tab it from the tuska 2003 version like the one you posted.

All requests are to be backed up by an attempt.

But since I know it, it's something like:

e---------8h12p8-------8h12h17p12-----15p10h12h13h15p13p12p10-
b-------10-------10--10------------10------------------------------
g------9------------9-----------------------------------------------
d----10-------------------------------------------------------------
a-12----------------------------------------------------------------
e--------------------------------------------------------------------

The next bit can be found here:
http://terrofleury.free.fr/tabs/Children of Bodom - Lake Bodom interlude live Tokyo Warhearts.gp4

haha if i could tab things out then i would actually dop them myself but alexis too fast for me to tab out, and the tab u provided finishes right when the part i want starts, the part right before he goes back to the 7-9-10 riff, before going back he plays the same thing in a very lead lick type thing and i love it

Can anyone explain this impulse shit to me please? i've got Reaper how do you use these impulses and what are they? If they can mimic tones I'd love Jani's neck pickup tone

I asked warheart if my version here of the live one is good, he never responded but it seems okay to me.

A bunch of the other parts are from the live version too.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/f33bub

check it out, I tried to tab it from the tuska 2003 version like the one you posted.

It's not bad. I don't know the Tuska '03 version too much in terms of the guitar work but this sounds good regardless.

wich soundcard do you use? Its really awesome the recording.

Thanks! I think it's called a Sound Blast X-Fi [EF00]

haha if i could tab things out then i would actually dop them myself but alexis too fast for me to tab out, and the tab u provided finishes right when the part i want starts, the part right before he goes back to the 7-9-10 riff, before going back he plays the same thing in a very lead lick type thing and i love it

I don't mean you should tab it all completely 100%, because as you say, you would if you could. I just mean that I've had a lot of people coming in here saying "i want a tab of lake bodom solo, thx" and that's it. After I while, I got pissed off with people taking advantage so unless the guys requesting want to upload a GP4 tab of what they've got after a good decent attempt, then they can fuck off.

And I've just re-watched the vid and I don't see anything different. Apart from the end where he goes an octave lower and does a bend.

and was that your composition warheart in the recording? that was really awesome

Nah, it was Passage To The Fourth World by Sinergy.

Fucking nice tone!

Thanks! Although I "cheated". :D

And on a COB tab related note, I had a look through the latest issue of Total Guitar and they've tabbed Blooddrunk. The weird thing is 95% of it is EXACTLY the same as my tab...:lol:

The intro rhythm guitar, the keyboard melody played on guitar all has the same fingerings, the verse riff is actually wrong but the harmony at the end of the powerchords is the same notes and fingering as mine, the pre chorus is exactly the same and the chorus is exactly the same.

They've tabbed the keyboard solo arranged for guitar and they've got the fingerings for the guitar solo wrong. I'd love to know that my BD tab is 90% published in TG because the guys that did the article looked on the net first. :D

I should ask them if they used any online assitance for their "transcription"...

Thank you to the guys that posted helpful infomation on how to use these things. Since alot of people still don't have a clue, I will try and write a detailed explanation on how I used them for that clip I posted the other day. If anyone wants to point out any errors or any alternative methods, then I can edit them in.

Mitch's Guide On How To Use Impulse Files:

• You must use a recording program that fully supports VST plug ins. I am using REAPER for this.

• You will also need to download a .vst plug in called Voxengo Boogex. Click the link, download the .rar file and extract "VoxengoBoogex.dll".

• Open My Computer and find the folder where you installed REAPER. Mine is under "My Computer", "Local Disc C:" and then "Program Files". Open the "Plugins" folder and copy the "VoxengoBoogex.dll" file into there. I also copied it into the "FX" folder, just because I didn't know which one to put it in.

• Open Reaper and record a guitar track. Here's how: PIC

- "Track"..."Insert new track". The new track will appear at the bottom named "1". Click the "R" to set up the track ready for recording. It will become red. PIC

- Now click the red RECORD button in the middle of the screen to start recording and record anything that you want. SOUNDCLIP PIC

• When you're done, click the "fx" button on track 1 to open up this screen: PIC

Click "VST", click "Voxengo Boogex VST (Voxengo)" at the bottom, click "OK" and you'll see this: PIC

The "INTERNAL:Cabinet 6 SM57" is the IMPULSE file. Click that and you can scroll through the list of default files. I just quickly messed around with some settings for literally 20 seconds and stopped at this: PIC

• This is the soundclip of my recording with these settings. When you're done with the EQ'ing and whatnot, click the small "x" in the top corner to close "FX chain for track 1" and your impulse file would have been applied to your recording. SOUNDCLIP

• Render the whole recording and you're done.

I hope this helped. If not, then FUCK YOU 'cause it took me a fucking while to write all this and provide audio and pics etc. :lol: Let's hear some fuckin' recordings, assholes!!! :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Mitch, can you please upload the original guitar track without the impulse file and then another with impulse file? Just 1 guitar track...I'm interested in the difference it makes to your recordings.

Oh, and for those who think the built-in impulse files in the Voxengo Boogex are not enough, here's more:

Keiffer's Impuse Files

Yeah, I did do that. Nazgul, check again, there's two "SOUNDCLIP" things in there.

But I did forget to add the extra sound files.