Tablature

HoserHellspawn

Pixel Manipulator
May 1, 2001
Vancouver, Canada
hosergraphics.cjb.net
The thought had just struck me that nobody has bothered to set up a thread here discussing Opeth guitar tabs yet.

THEREFORE, I SHALL!

Now, as far as I can tell, http://www.darkwood.com/opeth/tablature.html is sort of "the source" for Opeth tabs, but it has some noticeable and unfortunate omissions, like "Karma" and "Harvest", and, well, every Opeth song that hasn't been tabbed yet. Heh.

Anyways! The aforementioned songs, especially, I would love to have tabs to, and if anyone might know where to find them...

Well I was at the Opeth concert yesterday, may 5th at L'Amours in Brooklyn, they played set of 5 songs, starting with White Cluster, then Forest Of October, then Drapery Falls, then Advent, and finally Demon Of The Fall. And right after they ended their set, my friends and i went to meet the band, so in about 15 minutes out comes Peter and I talk to him, the guy is like awsome shirt cuz i was the only one or one of the few pple that had Still Life shirt since everyone that came there rushed to buy their new tour shirts, so anyways, i talk to him about how great their music is and i asked him if they have any official sheet music on sale, Peter thinks for a moment, then says "i don't think so" and afterwards he tells me, they may have one sometime during this summer.

-When can I take you from this place?
When is the word but a sigh?
When is death our lone beholder?
When do we walk the final steps? -WHEN

Hmm, that tab book will come in handy if you want to learn how to play songs that aren't on "Orchid" or "Morningrise", since they decided not to continue having the other guitar playing 100% from left and the other 100% from right speaker, but, just like Hearse said, it's much more satisfying to learn all by yourself, and that's what I recommend on Orchid & Morningrise.

The acoustics could be tricky but with time they open up too.

I thought tablatures were illegal on the internet and a form of piracy. That's why I never talked about them. I never even found them that useful when they were legal. If you can find out what tuning the song is in, you can pretty much figure songs out by ear unless they're particularly technical.

....ok, opeth tabs were good. :)

How exactly is my harmless dragging of an old topic back into the public eye comparable to the ways of a troll? You mean like a boy-devouring troll? Sub-bridge green dudes, not fond of sunlight?

If you have the Guitar Pro software, of which version 4.0 is considered the best, you can download most (I believe all, actually) Opeth songs, and use the software to very easily learn the various instruments - you can actually watch each chord, each note being played, you can select single bars to practice over and over etc. I've learned a lot of Opeth's riffs in this way.
Let's check my folder of Opeth tabs written in Guitar Pro:

A Fair Judgement
Advent
April Ethereal
Beneath the Mire
benighted
Black Rose Immortal
Blackwater Park
Bleak
By the Pain I See in Others
Closure
Credence
Death Whispered a Lullaby
Deliverance
Demon of the Fall
Dirge for November
Ending Credits
Epilogue
Face of Melinda
For Absent Friends
Forest of October
Ghost of Perdition
Godhead's Lament
Harvest
Hope Leaves
Hours of Wealth
In Mist She was Standing
In My Time of Need
Master's Apprentices
Moonlapse Vertigo
Nectar
Patterns in the Ivy II
Requiem
Reverie/Harlequin Forest
Serenity Painted Death
Silhouette
The Amen Corner
The Apostle in Triumph
The Baying of the Hounds
The Drapery Falls
The Funeral Portrait
The Grand Conjuration
The Leper Affinity
The Moor
The Night and the Silent Water
The Twilight is My Robe
To Bid You Farewell
To Rid the Disease
Under the Weeping Moon
When
White Cluster
Windowpane
Wreath

There actually is an Opeth TAB-book, and I've got it... It's called 'the best of Opeth' and has the following songs in it...

To bid you farewell

Demon of the fall (ofc)

Godhead's lament
Moonlapse vertigo (why did they who made this book take the most boring songs off Still life?)

Bleak
The drapery falls

Deliverance
Master's apprentices

Closure
Windowpane

Ghost of perdition
The grand conjuration

guitar pro software, use search funcion on 911tabs.com - an u will find many many tabs ;]