Tad Donley is mad

haha! On a side note - the security word to post a comment on your site was 'tumor'! Brutal.

I just love how he talks about pro tools as having a digital sound and needing SSL just to sound warm, but implies that you don't need that with nuendo. *sigh* its a Digital Audio Workstation they represent directly what comes into the computer, and to that standard, every DAW will sound the same, its the fucking converters that will make a change in sound and behringer to do that....um say what? But to him the $2000 MOTU converters are shit, yet he is using a $100 behringer

excuse me when I ask WHAT THE FUCK!!!

I don't care which DAW you use, it will sound digital if you aren't backing it with Analog simulation or a real Analog console, nuendo is NOT an exception.

Tad is an idiot, enough said

I just love how he talks about pro tools as having a digital sound and needing SSL just to sound warm, but implies that you don't need that with nuendo. *sigh* its a Digital Audio Workstation they represent directly what comes into the computer, and to that standard, every DAW will sound the same, its the fucking converters that will make a change in sound and behringer to do that....um say what? But to him the $2000 MOTU converters are shit, yet he is using a $100 behringer

excuse me when I ask WHAT THE FUCK!!!

I don't care which DAW you use, it will sound digital if you aren't backing it with Analog simulation or a real Analog console, nuendo is NOT an exception.

Tad is an idiot, enough said

im not gonna disagree with 90% of this post, but there is one point im not so sure about
i swear nuendo and logic both sound vastly, vastly different.
i read somewhere it's something to do with the "summing" or something, but i dont really know how it works, i just have this gut feeling that i think they sound pretty fucking different
but i could just be totally talking out of my ass and it doesnt matter either way

otherwise: PREACH BRUDDA PREACH! :headbang:

im not gonna disagree with 90% of this post, but there is one point im not so sure about
i swear nuendo and logic both sound vastly, vastly different.
i read somewhere it's something to do with the "summing" or something, but i dont really know how it works, i just have this gut feeling that i think they sound pretty fucking different
but i could just be totally talking out of my ass and it doesnt matter either way

otherwise: PREACH BRUDDA PREACH! :headbang:

It has a lot to do with summing and rendering yes, but the digital code for the sound that is sent to your HDD will be the same regardless of the DAW, the actual engine playback and mixdowns will vary from DAW to DAW however last time I check no human on this planet can tell if a song was mixed down using Logic or Nuendo, or for that matter Pro Tools, Sonar, Cubase etc etc.

I like how you said gut, they may have a lot to do with a persons subconscious belief that one sounds better than the other. But I somehow imagine that during a blind test you couldn't tell a difference. Its like the blind test tones that will have say a 5150 on A and an Uber on B and the OP will ask which ones they like better, some of the hardcore 5150 lovers will say they like B the most, and then when the OP says what the amps are, the hardcore 5150 guys will say something like, oh well I think I like A more because it has XXXX tone about it. So I think its more of a false perception thing.

It has a lot to do with summing and rendering yes, but the digital code for the sound that is sent to your HDD will be the same regardless of the DAW, the actual engine playback and mixdowns will vary from DAW to DAW however last time I check no human on this planet can tell if a song was mixed down using Logic or Nuendo, or for that matter Pro Tools, Sonar, Cubase etc etc.

I like how you said gut, they may have a lot to do with a persons subconscious belief that one sounds better than the other. But I somehow imagine that during a blind test you couldn't tell a difference. Its like the blind test tones that will have say a 5150 on A and an Uber on B and the OP will ask which ones they like better, some of the hardcore 5150 lovers will say they like B the most, and then when the OP says what the amps are, the hardcore 5150 guys will say something like, oh well I think I like A more because it has XXXX tone about it. So I think its more of a false perception thing.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's more down to my extreme dislike of Logic. (What an astonishing sentence...)
Ed for one has proved that shit done with Logic can sound fucking excellent.
But yeah, the reason I said gut feeling was because yeah, it's not something I can really explain. It just feels like something just nagging at me going "yeah this doesn't sound as good."