Talking backwards...

MaxWolf9

The Unshaven
Feb 16, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
www.myspace.com
I just got the album and noticed that on the track titled "Brave Murder Day" it sounds like you guys recorded something backwards. Any cool hidden meaning in there, or is it just some lyrics from the song done in reverse?

By the way, love Grimoire of Ruin!:headbang:

The cool hidden meaning is an actual shadow demon commanding you to spill the blood of the innocent :devil:

Sounds appropriate. That would be my guess. :D

Actually, in the context of the song, I think that is intended to be the summoning of the demon....sent to spill the blood of the innocent. ;) ...At least on the surface.

I think there might be some hidden meaning there as well, however, that was implemented by James. That was the ONE studio day I couldn't make it so I don't know exactly. I'm pretty sure it is not song lyrics though.

From what I recall being mentioned, all the whispers you can hear are all different overlapping phrases being muttered (many at the same time) so I'm not sure we could even understand them (all) at this point.

Maybe James and Blaine can remember...but will they tell us???

Jeff has it right. The 'main' voice is a somewhat famous quote from someone else who was obsessed with Revenge. :)

It's the part that follows this:
"Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale..."