arcturus...backwards.

bleedingskeptic

boo hoo
Oct 13, 2001
i'm sure any of you who own aspera hiems symfonia have noticed that the vocals on the track "whence & whither goest the wind" are backwards. so, has anyone listened to the track reversed to hear the vocals? i did that today and i'm starting to hear what the lyrics are, but i'm still not sure. has anyone else done this and figured out what the lyrics are?

Originally posted by IcemanJ256
when i opened this thread i thought you were gonna say arcturus spelled backwards is 'surutcra' for some reason.
So did I :)

Everybody should have Sound Recorder. Just play the song and record it on that, and they have a reverse option.

If you can't figure out how to make it record longer than 60 seconds, press record then keep clicking decrease speed, until it goes to the time you want.

i just ripped the song to .wav and played it through sound recorder backwards. stop being so lazy!

and i've almost got the lyrics figured out, but i'm not going to post them until i'm more sure of what i've got down.

Originally posted by Kveldssanger
A bit irrelevant but true nonetheless... It's a pity they didn't include the lyrics of the album in the re-issue...

Erhm... This has already gone off-topic, so... Is there really a re-issue of LMI available, since I haven't heard of it? Does it have something the original didn't have? What about the artwork, is it redone?

To my knowledge there isn't a re-issue of LMI... At least I was talking about the re-issue of "Aspera..." since this is the album where "Whence and whither..." can be found, if you misunderstood me. But I don't think they plan on re-releasing LMI, at least I hope so, because I would hate to have to buy that as well.