Taping Opeth shows

SPLASTiK

Jan 1, 2004
Alaska
Hey-

I'm going to the upcoming Opeth show in Vancouver and am considering taping it. I know some bands, such as Primus even have special section for people who tape the shows to stand and setup their equipment. I was wondering if Opeth supports taping of concerts for trade and not for sale.

As far as I know they don't mind taping, although there's no specific sections set up so you can tape them. I think they prefer you to be subtle about it ;) Trading's cool but selling is not (obviously)...

omg... if they play the new songs (april ethereal etc.) DO IT lol! cause i would love to trade you something for a copy. If I may suggest, focus or zoom in a little on the guitars if you may... i cant figure out a couple parts on that song.. have fun.

It depends on the venue most of the time..

Their tour manager is a major dick, and unfortunately incharge of these things instead of Opeth.. So if the venue doesnt let you bring in equipment and you ask the band, you'll face the tour manager even tho the band OKs you taping the show.. If the venue doesnt have a strict policy you are fine